Venture

Glen

Not sure if any of you have heard of this band??

Their debut from 2007 'The Prisoner' is essential for fans of Disciple............I would rate it on a par with 'Scars Remain'.

Kick arse whole way through without a filler on board.

You can get the cd at cdbaby

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/venture

I cant recommend this highly enough. :headbanger:

• 3 weeks later...

Checked out this band a while back but never got around to commenting...

Solid stuff, but nothing I felt I needed to own, and a loooooooong way from Disciple's caliber. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a huge Disciple fan from way back when, but I didn't hear anything that came close to touching "Scars Remain."

Glad you like it though, Glen. :tumbsup:

This one looks hard to track down, aside from at CD Baby. Still interested to hear it, but Marks comments dampen my need a little.

Hmm, just went through some of the samples. Would definitely like to hear this. Unfortunately these independant releases on CD Baby are so hard to find aside from on CD Baby itself. But there's some pretty good stuff on offer there by the sounds of it. I have to admit, like Mark said, I didn't really hear anything rivalling Disciple, but it sounded good anyway. :)

• 1 month later...

Well, I heard these discs and I agree, Glen, these guys sound like Disciple, but I also agree with Mark in that they don't really compete with them. Definitely nothing as good as 'Scars Remain' here, but two very good, solid CDs. The ballsier 'Pull the trigger' is very appealing, but as you say, the debut also has a very big Disciple vibe. I hope to pick up both CDs one day - good band.

• 1 month later...