The Blackout

Glen

.........just ripped me a new a hole......................... :headbanger:

go check it out guys.

[contains the best song title this year - 'We're Going To Hell.....So Bring The Sun Block' !!]

:banger:

Fuck me, 'ShutTheFuckUpperCut' (brilliant song title by the way) hits you just like 'Choose Your Fate' did off 'The Black Swan'. F Awesome

Haha... cool song titles. A link would be nice... you expect me to do all the work? ;) I'll check 'em out asap.

http://www.myspace.com/theblackout

only the first 3 are on the newie. 10 songs in total, pretty much all of them are very good to excellent.

Nice, will try to hear it. Why does the name sound familiar...?

http://www.myspace.com/theblackout

only the first 3 are on the newie. 10 songs in total, pretty much all of them are very good to excellent.

Nice, will try to hear it. Why does the name sound familiar...?

2 reasons.............

1. they had an album from 2007. Good album but never quite hit the spot for me...the newie is better.

2. the song 'Children Of The Night' has been spoken about on here before...but i couldnt find the thread.

Cheers

'STFUppercut' is good stuff, very SOTY. The other two sound pretty cool... would hope the actual disc blows me away a little more, though. I actually like 'It's high tide baby'. Is that off the debut?

'STFUppercut' is good stuff, very SOTY. The other two sound pretty cool... would hope the actual disc blows me away a little more, though. I actually like 'It's high tide baby'. Is that off the debut?

Not sure its a 'blown away' disc.....have to listen again this morning. STFUppercut just took me by surprise and is probably one of the heaviest 'modern' tracks ive heard all year.

'On Fire' is just awesome too.

Worth a listen.

[the other song you mention is off the 2007 album....i think they might have an earlier album but not sure]

Best song title in awhile has to go to the one called "Spread Legs Not Lies".

They sound alright, a little too screamo for my tastes.

Best song title in awhile has to go to the one called "Spread Legs Not Lies".

They sound alright, a little too screamo for my tastes.

there are some cleaner songs on the album

So you guys just baffle me. These guys can play their instruments okay, but the vocalist is pretty weak (and 90% of what I listen to these contains screaming) and they just don't write good/hooky enough songs. Just another Metalcore/Screamo band with very few redeeming features, and a lot less talent than the biggest players in this genre.

Bands like August Burns Red/Trivium/Devildriver/As I lay Dying kick dirt in their face.

So you guys just baffle me. How do you like this and not stuff like Trivium or As I Lay Dying? Both of them stomp all over these clowns. These guys can play their instruments okay, but the vocalist is awful (and 90% of what I listen to these contains screaming) and they just don't write good enough songs. Just another Metalcore/Screamo band with no redeeming features, and a lot less talent than the biggest players in this genre.

there's only about 2 songs on the album with screaming....not saying its ground breaking or topping any lists, just a good old listen and pretty kick arse.

million miles different to Trivium to be honest....they are miles heavier.

So you guys just baffle me. How do you like this and not stuff like Trivium or As I Lay Dying? Both of them stomp all over these clowns. These guys can play their instruments okay, but the vocalist is awful (and 90% of what I listen to these contains screaming) and they just don't write good enough songs. Just another Metalcore/Screamo band with no redeeming features, and a lot less talent than the biggest players in this genre.

there's only about 2 songs on the album with screaming....and one of them 'On Fire' is awesome.

Yeah but it's still standard Metalcore stuff - and even the clean vocals are weak IMO (compared to bands like Killswitch/Trivium). I saw them at Download and they were a total mess live, and they're pretty much the same on the album. A couple of catchy tunes but this doesn't rise above the average for me...

there's only about 2 songs on the album with screaming....and one of them 'On Fire' is awesome.

Yeah but it's still standard Metalcore stuff - and even the clean vocals are weak IMO (compared to bands like Killswitch/Trivium). I saw them at Download and they were a total mess live, and they're pretty much the same on the album. A couple of catchy tunes but this doesn't rise above the average for me...

Yeah but Trivium sing songs about 'Kirisute Gomen' and 'Of Prometheus and The Crucifix' and 'To Callisto or something or other.......' which doesnt exactly interest me???! Great musicians no doubt.....but songs about a load of bollocks. :tumbsup:

Yeah but Trivium sing songs about 'Kirisute Gomen' and 'Of Prometheus and The Crucifix' and 'To Callisto or something or other.......' which doesnt exactly interest me???! Great musicians no doubt.....but songs about a load of bollocks. :tumbsup:

Yeah Trivium's lyrics are shite, but they always have great choruses. Their tunes stick in my head much more than this type of generic stuff too. Not saying this is bad (apart from the vocals) - but there are much better bands in this genre and a million that sound like this.

• 2 months later...

I just got to spin this disc after picking it up cheap in the Secondspin sales and I quite like it. It's not perfect, but not bad at all. I can hear bits of FFAF, Story of the Year and even a tiny bit of Just Surrender here... which is all good to me. Early faves are 'Save ourselves (The warning)' and 'This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things'... but nothing I disliked on this one at all. Good stuff.