Porcupine Tree - The Incident

Nick C

Just got this eMail from PTree new album in the offing!

PORCUPINE TREE - THE INCIDENT

Written and recorded between September-May, "The Incident" is the tenth studio album by Porcupine Tree. Released worldwide by Roadrunner on 14th September (one week earlier than previously announced in order to coincide with the first tour dates), the album is a 2 disc set, the first disc containing the 55 minute title track / song cycle, and the second CD featuring 4 shorter pieces. There will be 3 editions of the album; a standard 2 CD set, a deluxe edition (contents to be confirmed), and a double vinyl version.

Can't wait for this new album.

PT never disappointed me...

• 4 weeks later...

Well I won't be getting the ltd Deluxe edition 2 CDs plus a 5.1 DVD-A (which will be released seperately at a later date) cardboard sleeve incorporating two books

1) a 116 page hardback book of lyrics and Lasse Hoile photography

2) 48 page paperback book of Hajo Mueller's drawings for "The Incident"

1000 copies only

£59.99 ($106) :o

I am a tad distraught as I tend to get most of P.Tree special editions but it seems a tad on the pricey side knock £20 off and maybe I'd go for it, I guess I'll have to plump for the regular 2CD version as there's no new music on the deluxe just pics effectively, things like that I love but this time the price is too much, no doubt it'll rocket pricewise on eBay the day after people get copies like Insurgentes did.

Actually I'm getting a bit fed up of bands releasing multiple formats like this knowing they have a hardcore of fans who'll pay anything for whatever they put out especially when they put out one at a daft price :( .

It official .... I'm a hypocrite and a spendthrift....and a bit of a nob!

I've gone and bought the stupidly priced deluxe edition ..... it's Jez's fault....he just has a bad influence on me!!!

Anyway I reasoned it was less then £1.50 a day over the next month.....also I was walking around the house with that sad puppy dog eyes look and Wendy had finally had enough and said why don't you just buy it. So that was the green light, I couldn't get it without the okay!! :lol:

I'm confused...I'm happy I'm getting it but pissed at the price. :):(:):(:)

I've gone and bought the stupidly priced deluxe edition ..... it's Jez's fault....he just has a bad influence on me!!!

Hahahaha ! Bad Bad Bad Jezter !

But I think I will do the same and bought the same edition... Shame on me.

Anyway, it's Jez's fault... Don't ask why, it's always his fault LOL

It official .... I'm a hypocrite and a spendthrift....and a bit of a nob!

Anyway I reasoned it was less then £1.50 a day over the next month.....also I was walking around the house with that sad puppy dog eyes look and Wendy had finally had enough and said why don't you just buy it. So that was the green light, I couldn't get it without the okay!! :lol:

I'm confused...I'm happy I'm getting it but pissed at the price. :):(:):(:)

:lol: Oh Like we didn't know you were going to order it. You should feel very guilty, you bad bad man. :whistle:

Hahahaha ! Bad Bad Bad Jezter !

But I think I will do the same and bought the same edition... Shame on me.

Anyway, it's Jez's fault... Don't ask why, it's always his fault LOL

See me and Chris are united on this matter Mr. Jez .....back satan back!

Yes ! He is the Evil ! Vade Retro !

Look at his little pointy horns. Devil he wants to ruin us all.

Yes ! He is the Evil ! Vade Retro !

Look at his little pointy horns. Devil he wants to ruin us all.

Leave my little pointy horns out of this Mr. Nicholas and Monsieur Chris. You wouldn't want the wrath of Satan know would you? :devil:

when is this out?

cool, thanks Jez!!

• 4 weeks later...

hmm, love all the PT especially Shy, Signify, Stupid, Lightvulb and thought the last one Planet was amazing, not sure about this new one, may take lots of spins, not so immediate, hmmm

Keep at it Paul, it just gets better and better in my book (it's a blue book with doodling and scrawls on the cover and a few loose pages....but it's my book all said and done!)

I will, thanks Nick!!!

Any opinions on this new PT effort ? I have to admit that i'm not into this new one... I'm a bit disappointed...

really Nick, older stuff, ma, it is losing me for some reason, maybe it is not a proggy time for me!!! hehehehe

I am waiting patiently for new Transatlantr though!!!

really Nick, older stuff, ma, it is losing me for some reason, maybe it is not a proggy time for me!!! hehehehe

I am waiting patiently for new Transatlantr though!!!

Yeah just preordered it ....

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I still haven't heard this...what a sad PT fan I am... :(

Check it out mate,it's a real creeper and a couple spins may be required,but it's well worth it.As you know some PT albums you are slowly absorbed into it,but once you are,what a great mind trip. :tumbsup: