Misha Calvin - Evolution CD (1993)

JC_AOR

Just playing Misha Calvin's 'Evolution' CD for the first time in ages...forgot how damn awesome it is. Any other fans out there? I've not heard the follow album from 1996 I think, but I've heard a lot of negative comments about that one.

Absolutely storming CD - totally essential for most Melodic Rock fans & one seriously underrated disc. It's pretty much all killer no filler on this one, with great vocals and some unbelievable guitar work. Plus, despite this being a muso's disc, killer songwriting & big hooks.

Well 'Evolution II' is definitely not as good. And I hardly ever play it these days. But I don't remember it being that bad to be honest, but it was definitely more about Calvin showing off his skilz and less about pure great songwriting. I'd probably say pick it up if you see it reasonably priced, but it doesn't come close to the first disc...

Absolutely storming CD - totally essential for most Melodic Rock fans & one seriously underrated disc. It's pretty much all killer no filler on this one, with great vocals and some unbelievable guitar work. Plus, despite this being a muso's disc, killer songwriting & big hooks.

Well 'Evolution II' is definitely not as good. And I hardly ever play it these days. But I don't remember it being that bad to be honest, but it was definitely more about Calvin showing off his skilz and less about pure great songwriting. I'd probably say pick it up if you see it reasonably priced, but it doesn't come close to the first disc...

Backed...Wotty turned me on to this release...AWESOME!!!!

Absolutely awesome release !! :guitbannana:

Still never heard the 2nd one, but I agree. 'Evolution' is one amazing disc. Absolutely love that one. Essential stuff.