Damone - 'Roll the dice'

Geoff

Okay, just read a comment from Matty-Boo in the Halestorm thread saying that Damone had a new CD out. Well, as always he is wrong. I had a little bit of a look around and they released a new CD last freakin' year! How? Why? How was I not alerted and why did no one care?

Here it is:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/damonerock

Track list:

1 Roll the Dice

2 Serial Killer

3 Bored to Death

4 Dressed Up Like a Millionaire

5 Obvious Things

6 The Most of It

7 Talk of the Town

8 Don't Miss It

9 Better Than You Let On

10 You Could Be Mine

11 Conquer Me

12 When It Ends

I must hear this asap. Does anyone have it? What's it like???

No they didn't release any cds since Out Here All Night, according to 3 music stores, so I don't know how u guys got the inside hook up, you'll have to make me a member.

Mate, check out the link at CD Baby. I'm guessing that the fact that their CD is available through CD Baby means they lost their record deal. It's probably a completely independant release. But it's there to buy today if you want it.

Well, if I'd chosen to read the bio...

Damone, the Boston-based hard-rock band with the explosive sound and attitude to spare, is priming their worldwide fan base for a new slab of rock as they prepare for the 2009 release of ROLL THE DICE. With producers David Spreng (Lucy Walsh, Valient Thorr, Avenged Sevenfold) and Greg DiCrosta (Hatebreed, The Damn Personals) at the helm, ROLL THE DICE is the band’s first album since their departure from the crazy world of major labels.

ROLL THE DICE follows the success of Damone's 2006 Island/DefJam release, OUT HERE ALL NIGHT, also produced by David Spreng. OUT HERE ALL NIGHT spawned the vicious single "Out Here All Night," which won a Boston Music Award for 'Song of the Year' in 2006, and exploded onto radio stations from coast to coast as well as into many video games, including Madden '07 and Project Gotham, and opened the door for numerous placements in TV and film, including Veronica Mars, Day of the Dead and Stick It, as well as theme songs for the CW Network, WWE Wrestling Entertainment and even the New England Revolution soccer team. Now, having made the choice to move to the indie world as major labels remain unstable, the members of Damone are poised to prove that the success of OUT HERE ALL NIGHT was no fluke. They have persevered to make sure that their best work to date, ROLL THE DICE, sees some action on the strength of their own efforts.

“Hey, this band has always been about doing things on our own terms,” says drummer Dustin Hengst. “Being in control of our own destiny is awesome.”

After extensive touring in the US and abroad in 2003, the band convened in lead singer Noelle's apartment in 2004 to begin work on what would become OUT HERE ALL NIGHT. During the recording, the band decided to part ways with RCA Records and subsequently signed with Island/DefJam, literally the same day they were released from their RCA contract. Worldwide touring in support of OUT HERE ALL NIGHT would soon follow.

Beginning in late 2007, Damone split time between recording studios in LA and Connecticut to complete the masterpiece that is ROLL THE DICE. "We went in to the studio with no funding, no label, and no pressure" explains bassist Vazquez. "We were just kicking ass and making the music that we wanted to make. There was no one looking over our shoulders and no deadlines."

With all of the elements of danger, lust, rebellion, life and love, Damone have crafted one of the most brutally honest albums of the decade. ROLL THE DICE paints a stunning portrait; a sonic photograph of the trials and tribulations of life in a rock 'n roll band. From sex-fueled rockers ("Talk Of The Town", "Serial Killer") to songs about inner demons and life-long struggles ("Bored To Death, "When It Ends"), this band of hellacious rock 'n' roll saviors is making music that's both honest and innovative. World domination will follow shortly.

Geoff... don't tell me you are developing a taste for female-fronted bands now. You professed you hatered for most female fronted bands ever discussed on these boards. What happened? :geoffadillos:

Geoff... don't tell me you are developing a taste for female-fronted bands now. You professed you hatered for most female fronted bands ever discussed on these boards. What happened? :geoffadillos:

Wow mate, I set out a heartily challenge for you to find a quote where I ever said anything like that. I hate christian lyrics, not female vocalists. ;)

But seriously, I have never said anything close to that. I have said on several occasions I much, much prefer male vocalists, but I love stuff from Robin Beck, Vixen, Witness, Paramore, Halestorm, Damone, Lita Ford, Saraya, In This Moment etc. There's a big list... just about 1% as big as the dude-fronted bands I like.

Damone are an excellent band.

And this interview scares the Jesus Christ out of me, they failed to mention during this conversion, the biggest part of it, the booting of the shitbag guitar player that wrote the bulk of the horrific first Damone disc, and the addition of a 1980's looking hairdog guitar pounder with no remorse for firing up and down the frets with distortion as distorted as distorted gets!!!! this is turn made the rest of the band step it up a level, and any of you who have made the mistake of even listening to the first Damone disc, you guys I know can tell.

When bands wanna break ways with the style that they found success with, in my book 8/10 times you can kiss goodbye to the style you loved, at least until 5 releases later when they discover the new shit is starting to cost the band money, instead of making it for them, then they will have the famous Metallica made "return to the oldschool style" album that we were all so heavily impressed with on St.Anger(sarcasm), so Im going to try and not get to excited, I don't even wanna listen to the samples, I'll just wait till it comes out.

Well guys, I'm actually just listening to 'From the attic' now. It's average, but not that bad. Just bad. :lol: The guitarist is ripping out a solo on every track, which is pretty cool. They're not great solos, but he goes alright. But yeah, the songs are baby's songs. Songs about the mall, girlfriends and girly subjects. It's very simple, almost like a pop punk disc with solos. Obviously heavily influenced by Avril Lavigne too. I don't hate it, but it sure as hell ain't great and I may never listen to it again.

Well guys, I'm actually just listening to 'From the attic' now. It's average, but not that bad. Just bad. :lol: The guitarist is ripping out a solo on every track, which is pretty cool. They're not great solos, but he goes alright. But yeah, the songs are baby's songs. Songs about the mall, girlfriends and girly subjects. It's very simple, almost like a pop punk disc with solos. Obviously heavily influenced by Avril Lavigne too. I don't hate it, but it sure as hell ain't great and I may never listen to it again.

No, it sucks.

I seem to remember a thread or a conversation on this Damone disc ages ago. I checked the cd out at the time, as I loved the previous 'Out Here All Night'. To say I was disappointed was an understatement - OK it was shit and hence why 'From The Attic' isn't in my CD collection and never will be. I will thank god that at least they have released one decent album out of 3.

Okay, gotta admit I'm not really that impressed with this either. Album opens up with a delicious bit of guitar but kind of goes downhill after that. 'Bored to Death' is a really cool song, but to be honest that's about it. The cover of 'You could be mine' is probably actually next in line.

The two songs where the dude sings are big mistakes and although there's no pure shit on here (seriously, it's all decent) there just isn't really anything that great. If you're going to compare this to 'Out here all night', Halestorm or Paramore... this is going to be miles and miles behind them all. :( Disappointing.

Okay, gotta admit I'm not really that impressed with this either. Album opens up with a delicious bit of guitar but kind of goes downhill after that. 'Bored to Death' is a really cool song, but to be honest that's about it. The cover of 'You could be mine' is probably actually next in line.

The two songs where the dude sings are big mistakes and although there's no pure shit on here (seriously, it's all decent) there just isn't really anything that great. If you're going to compare this to 'Out here all night', Halestorm or Paramore... this is going to be miles and miles behind them all. :( Disappointing.

Thats some of the worst news ive heard this year!