Retrospect Records - May 28, 2009

Rosie - 3 releases (Cleveland band)

I'm pretty sure their home base was actually Columbus, but still and all an excellent band. I can't wait for these releases! :headbanger:

Hey Aaron is it truth that you're going to rerelease Ruff Justice's - No Justice No Peace ?

hi, yes its true, we will be releasing that Ruff Justice CD.

thanks!

Aaron

Hey Aaron or Sam

Any word on the Kings Chamber....last I heard this was almost set to go...really want to hear Jeff's band from Philly.

Cheerz always

Joe

OK , so let me try to do some updating...

The triple assault of LYNZEE releases will be available in July or early August. (Wait til you see the ultra-controversial front cover for 'Victim of Nirvana' - well you can imagine - lol)

DC Star - 2 cd collection with a ton of unreleased material

Thanks!

Actually.... As far as the Lynzee cover goes... No, you can't even imagime. :o

Sam... were you able to include the tune "Dreaming Of You" on the DC STar release?

OK , so let me try to do some updating...

The triple assault of LYNZEE releases will be available in July or early August. (Wait til you see the ultra-controversial front cover for 'Victim of Nirvana' - well you can imagine - lol)

DC Star - 2 cd collection with a ton of unreleased material

Thanks!

Actually.... As far as the Lynzee cover goes... No, you can't even imagime. :o

Sam... were you able to include the tune "Dreaming Of You" on the DC STar release?

yes

I can't wait for the 'unveiling' of the Lynzee album - the whole world is going to talk. LOL. I should post it here....

Any date of release? Or is it too early?

well, its a bit early but i am shooting for 8 weeks max.

Thanks! Final question. :christmas: What about the Mata Hari comp? When will be out?

8 weeks tops -- probably closer to 4 weeks.

• 2 months later...
HUNTER - 'L.A. Crossfire' (1988-1991) - Just when you think there can't

possibly be any more unreleased treasures to dig up , Retrospect unleashes Los

Angeles-based Hunter. AOR and Melodic Rock fans rejoice! This release

has NEVER seen the light of day before in any format. Produced by Bobby

Kimball of Toto , the musicianship in Hunter is world-class and the hooks are

endless. Keyboardist Brook Hansen (Takara) sounds akin to Gregg Giuffria ,

Guitarist Michael Taris shreds and vocalist Stephen Hunter sounds like a

mix of Max Bacon and Jimi Jamison. This release also features the late

BILOXI vocalist Clyde Holly on 2 tracks recorded back in 1988. A classy slice

of AOR! Highly Recommended to fans of: Journey , GTR , Survivor , Biloxi ,

Giuffria , Fortune , Atlantic , I-Ten , Alliance , Arrival , Franke & The

Knockouts.

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, absolute MONSTER CD. In fact the best thing I've heard on Retrospect to date IMO, true classic AOR - and great packaging on this one too. Like a cross between Giuffria/Biloxi/Network, it's essential to everyone who loves 80's AOR - and I don't remember hearing many vocal performances better than the one on this disc. What happened to this guy? He's like a mix of James Christian and Freddy Curci, and just soars all over this disc. Awesome find this...

Just got ' L.A Crossfire' this morning and it is a hell of a disc. Fantastic stuff.

I also got the 2 Michael Furlong albums 'Use It Or Lose It' & 'Breakaway that i have been waiting forever to see released on CD. If you like your AOR/MR stuff like a rockier Eddie Money, Bryan Adams etc then these little beauties are just for you.

• 1 month later...