Destine

Glen

Cool, I notice they're Dutch. DUTCH POWER! And yeah, stuff like that. Seriously keen to hear these guys, though. Will play asap.

This was ok for what it was, but I'm kinda getting over this style of music these days. Unless of course, it's up to Faber Drive calibre.

This was ok for what it was, but I'm kinda getting over this style of music these days. Unless of course, it's up to Faber Drive calibre.

Yeah I must admit that some of the other songs featured werent world beaters, but I did love that song 'In Your Arms'...that was excellent.

I can't get a f*cking break here with f*cking myspace and a moment alone in the office, but what I heard of 'In your arms' sounds magnificent!

Quick note to y'all - DO NOT get intrigued and buy their debut EP from 2006 called 'The Dozen Dreams EP'. It is not this style of music at all. It's a really mellow, almost 'Breakfast at Tiffanys' sounding disc. It was horrible, to be honest.

That said, I'd love to hear a disc full of the glimpse I heard of 'In your arms'.

I can't get a f*cking break here with f*cking myspace and a moment alone in the office, but what I heard of 'In your arms' sounds magnificent!

it is....but the others arent quite as good. I can see you liking them all tho to be honest.

Okay, only 2 songs listenable on Myspace. 'In your arms' is nice but I probably prefer 'Wake me'... yeah, I do. Not quite as poppy as 'In your arms'. Not an amazing band, but I'd love to hear a full new disc from them.

• 3 months later...

New song up at their myspace - 'Stars'. Real nice.

This has been released as a single with a very good sounding B side 'Am I So Blind' which sounds more like Anberlin than Anberlin!

Only available on the Dutch itunes as far as i can see. Mmmm ho hum.

• 4 months later...

Cool. These albums are always hard as hell to get (any modern rock outside the US is) but I look forward to hopefully getting to hear it.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone got this yet? I love this thing.

This is about as perfect as pop/rock gets.

Throw Anberlin, Fallbrooke and Simple Plan in a mixer.....add a small dose of pop, and you have Destine.

Simply a great listen from beginning to end....excellent melodies....not a filler in sight.

Love it.

Finally got around to hearing this. I like it. To be honest, nowhere near as enthused as my buddy Glen (:lol:) but it's a good one. Reminds me a little of last year's The Latency album.

A handful of excellent songs here like 'Burn', 'Stars' and 'Where are you now'. Unfortunately, after these three there isn't really a song as good as these ones, and the first two aren't this good either. All of the songs on this thing are good and production job is f*cking excellent. Very good CD, but man I wish they'd added a few more tunes like those three early gems.

Finally got around to hearing this. I like it. To be honest, nowhere near as enthused as my buddy Glen (:lol:) but it's a good one. Reminds me a little of last year's The Latency album.

A handful of excellent songs here like 'Burn', 'Stars' and 'Where are you now'. Unfortunately, after these three there isn't really a song as good as these ones, and the first two aren't this good either. All of the songs on this thing are good and production job is f*cking excellent. Very good CD, but man I wish they'd added a few more tunes like those three early gems.

The end of the disc isnt as strong, but im surprised you dont like 'In Your Arms'..that's one of the best tracks IMO. As good anything Anberlin put on their last album thats for sure.

I also love 'Spiders'. This is what I reckon Green Day would sound like, if they could ever write a decent song

The end of the disc isnt as strong, but im surprised you dont like 'In Your Arms'..that's one of the best tracks IMO. As good anything Anberlin put on their last album thats for sure.

I also love 'Spiders'. This is what I reckon Green Day would sound like, if they could ever write a decent song

Yeah, 'Spiders' is cool and so is 'In your arms' - as I said, I like them all but there's just a few that really stuck out for me. And yeah, I see this being like The Latency album, which grew on me more and more with each listen, so looking forward to more spins. :)