Bobby Kidd

JC_AOR

BobbyKiddFavdistantshootofhim.jpg

I've only heard a couple of sample clips from this guy but he is certainly worth looking out for. He lists his main influences as Butch Walker and Bon Jovi. Originally from Sydney, where he was part of a band called 'The Love Vandals', he re-located to Melbourne in 2006. His first solo release, an EP titled 'Breaking Me Down' is out now.

Bobby Kidd on MySpace

bk1.jpg

Wow, I have to admit I was expecting a complete pussy based on the photos, but this is good stuff, mate. Real good. Every song on that myspace page is at the very least very good. How do you buy the EP? I can't see anywhere to click. And how much is it?

That single, 'Everytime you're near' is great!! Who does he sound like? Man he reminds me of someone. There's definitely a bit of Johnny Lima (except this guy has 10 times the ability to write a killer hook) but there's someone else I'm thinking of...

Wow, I have to admit I was expecting a complete pussy based on the photos, but this is good stuff, mate. Real good. Every song on that myspace page is at the very least very good. How do you buy the EP? I can't see anywhere to click. And how much is it?

Yeah definately some great songs. As for the EP, I'm not sure how to buy it. There are signs on the MySpace page but I think to buy from MySpace pages you have to have a MySpace account...this is where lots of bands miss out on CD sales from me. Maybe I should just make a MySpace account.

Yeah definately some great songs. As for the EP, I'm not sure how to buy it. There are signs on the MySpace page but I think to buy from MySpace pages you have to have a MySpace account...this is where lots of bands miss out on CD sales from me. Maybe I should just make a MySpace account.

Yeah, I thought about that once but it seemed like way too much hassle, so I didn't. A real stupid shame if that's the only way you can get it. So what about Worldstar? How do I get that one? ;)

• 7 years later...