Covered Call

Wotty

A new album with the excellent Thomas Vikstrom on vocals.Pulsating AOR/MHR in the old-school style.With hardly any audible keys,save for the superb ballad "Anything You Want",this is guitar-driven melodic rock with a polished,not over-produced sound.

All in all,a quality cd courtesy of Scandanavia.Worth a definite punt of anyones money.TOP!!!!!!!!!

Sorry mate, I'm just not as big a fan of this one as you. I can live with the fact it's pretty formulaic stuff (though the songs do all sound very similar to each other), but this is the very reason why I can't get excited by much latter day AOR/MHR. It's just nothing very exciting at all. Stuff like Brother Firetribe/Place Vendome/Sunstorm absolutely slaughters this.

Nice harmonies, nice ballad ("Anything You Want" is great), killer lead vocals (what a range this guy has), but overall about a 6/10 from me.

Sorry mate, I'm just not as big a fan of this one as you. I can live with the fact it's pretty formulaic stuff (though the songs do all sound very similar), but this is the very reason why I can't get excited by much latter day AOR/MHR. It's just nothing very exciting at all. Stuff like Brother Firetribe/Place Vendome/Sunstorm absolutely slaughters this.

Nice harmonies, nice ballad ("Anything You Want" is great), killer lead vocals (what a range this guy has), but overall about a 6/10 from me.

And it's all about opinions Tim........... :drink:

Sorry mate, I'm just not as big a fan of this one as you. I can live with the fact it's pretty formulaic stuff (though the songs do all sound very similar), but this is the very reason why I can't get excited by much latter day AOR/MHR. It's just nothing very exciting at all. Stuff like Brother Firetribe/Place Vendome/Sunstorm absolutely slaughters this.

And it's all about opinions Tim........... :drink:

Classic statement mate - You are on form today!!

I have duly ordered this one on the recommendation of 'It's A Game Of Two Halves' Watson :lol:

A new album with the excellent Thomas Vikstrom on vocals.Pulsating AOR/MHR in the old-school style.With hardly any audible keys,save for the superb ballad "Anything You Want",this is guitar-driven melodic rock with a polished,not over-produced sound.

All in all,a quality cd courtesy of Scandanavia.Worth a definite punt of anyones money.TOP!!!!!!!!!

This is one of my fave 2009 releases so far. Shine, I Wanna Be Free, and Money Never Sleeps are my faves.

Top notch stuff, and the title track referencing a Gordon Gekko quote from the film Wall Street is just plain cool. :tumbsup:

Good disc. Their version of 'Shine' is the highlight of the disc, but overall I quite like the whole thing. Only critisism is it fades a bit towards the end after a great start, and is maybe missing a few stand-outs. Still, kills anything Vikstrom's done since the Talk of The Town debut. :)

Sorry mate, I'm just not as big a fan of this one as you. I can live with the fact it's pretty formulaic stuff (though the songs do all sound very similar to each other), but this is the very reason why I can't get excited by much latter day AOR/MHR. It's just nothing very exciting at all. Stuff like Brother Firetribe/Place Vendome/Sunstorm absolutely slaughters this.

I totally agree

Average for me.