American Radio

Glen

I was torn between posting this in 'other music' or 'hard rock' as this really falls between the two and is just awesome sounding rock in the vein of Hinder.

http://www.myspace.com/americanradio

All the songs featured sound great to me.

Another must buy for me :guitbannana:

Wow, real nice. Very Hinder-ish. I heard and enjoyed all of the first 3 songs, especially 'Falling for you'. That one is great. I would have bought this on the spot if shipping wasn't us$15 to Australia. :lol: Can't find it anywhere else on the net either. Could be a pain in the ass to find, which is a shame as I want it.

NOW!

Wow, real nice. Very Hinder-ish. I heard and enjoyed all of the first 3 songs, especially 'Falling for you'. That one is great. I would have bought this on the spot if shipping wasn't us$15 to Australia. :lol: Can't find it anywhere else on the net either. Could be a pain in the ass to find, which is a shame as I want it.

NOW!

backed...I was reluctant to go via the web page as well and hope for a better distribution channel asap.

NOW!

backed...I was reluctant to go via the web page as well and hope for a better distribution channel asap.

Yeah, I really hope so. I can't find this anywhere on the net - to buy or even for d*wnload.

Yeah, I guess you'd get hit with the $14.95 for postage too as it was their "worldwide" price. It amazes me how completely clueless so many people are about worldwide postage. Nothing a second of research couldn't fix. I got a single CD package from Kivel today with a us$3.80 price tag on it. Throw on a dollar for the envelope and no one should ever need to charge more than $5 for postage. F*ck this world.

Another nice find Lennie. I think I'll be heading over to Itunes soon and downloading the single "Broken". I really liked that one.

I dont think its even on the UK itunes...........

:-(

Shit - another one I love. Mate you're on a roll! "Broken" is amazing, "Falling For You" is another monster. I get the HINDER comparison but honestly - if HINDER could write songs like this they'd be worth all the hype they get. I might actually like this more than NURAL... maybe...

Is there anywhere to actually get this?

Shit - another one I love. Mate you're on a roll! "Broken" is amazing, "Falling For You" is another monster. I get the HINDER comparison but honestly - if HINDER could write songs like this they'd be worth all the hype they get. I might actually like this more than NURAL... maybe...

Is there anywhere to actually get this?

dont know............might be. to be honest ive been real busy last week or so and havent looked into this one any more. That ballad was pretty wicked as well if I recall?

Cheers

(PS Adelitas Way is gonna be better than them all...only another couple of months now.)

You guys do know it's available from the myspace page, hey? For that ridiculius price. As for being available anywhere else, I honestly couldn't find it anywhere after a look. As for this being better than Hinder's 'Take it to the limit', Tim, that's getting pretty crazy. ;) And I love it too...

As for this being better than Hinder's 'Take it to the limit', Tim, that's getting pretty crazy. ;) And I love it too...

Hopefully the don't get tagged in the same category as bands like HINDER, it does a lot of injustice to their ability IMO. (I.e, their lyrics don't seem like they written by a 5 year old)...

Well, thanks to the Birthday Angel I have been able to spin this a couple of times. Here's my early thoughts:

I'll get the negatives out of the way first so as not to bring them down later on:

1. Production/mix is very average/simple. Not bad, but these songs are in desperate need of a big budget production job.

2. Too many ballads. Waaaaay too many ballads. I think the first 2 songs are the only mid-tempo tracks on the disc and the rest are ballads?

3. Okay, so they obviously sound like Hinder... but dudes, there is instrumentation straight off Hinder songs... melodies direct from Hinder's CDs all over it. Track 4 is a Hinder song with different lyrics. That said, I have no problem with bands copying bands I love... but yeah, they could use a smidgen of their own identity for the future. :)

But after all that, this ain't bad. 'Fallin' For You' and 'Make Up Your Mind' are my favourite tracks but most of them are pretty cool. If you like Hinder, give this a go. If you don't (seriously, Tim, I can't see you digging this if you honestly have no time for Hinder) then it's probably not your cup of tea.

Man my first listen was definitely the best for this one.

I dunno about this. I like it, but do some of those early songs drag on or what. Why spoil a good song by dragging it out until you have to skip to the next track just to stop yourself throwing the ipod out of the window!

The best songs are in the middle of the disc. 'Sweet Isobel' is one of my favs.

Good but not earth shattering..

• 2 weeks later...
Well, thanks to the Birthday Angel I have been able to spin this a couple of times. Here's my early thoughts:

I'll get the negatives out of the way first so as not to bring them down later on:

1. Production/mix is very average/simple. Not bad, but these songs are in desperate need of a big budget production job.

2. Too many ballads. Waaaaay too many ballads. I think the first 2 songs are the only mid-tempo tracks on the disc and the rest are ballads?

3. Okay, so they obviously sound like Hinder... but dudes, there is instrumentation straight off Hinder songs... melodies direct from Hinder's CDs all over it. Track 4 is a Hinder song with different lyrics. That said, I have no problem with bands copying bands I love... but yeah, they could use a smidgen of their own identity for the future. :)

But after all that, this ain't bad. 'Fallin' For You' and 'Make Up Your Mind' are my favourite tracks but most of them are pretty cool. If you like Hinder, give this a go. If you don't (seriously, Tim, I can't see you digging this if you honestly have no time for Hinder) then it's probably not your cup of tea.

So I pretty much disagree with most of your comments! I kinda like the rough production - actually think this sounds better than the Veer Union disc - plus just don't agree there are too many ballads. Only counted 3 (2 outright slowies), and don't even think it sounds all that much like Hinder (thankfully). Reminds me of The Calling, and even Nickleback (though is miles better than both), and is another one with an awesome vocalist.

This one's a regular spin for me, and even though it falls short of The Veer Union/NLL/Nural it isn't far behind - and "Falling For You" is in my Top 10 tunes of 2009... Really like this one...

Really? Only 3 ballads? It all sounded slow to me. Okay, I gotta hear this one again. In fact, I'll put it in on the way to the bank today. As I said above, I do like it and there isn't a song I dislike on it, but it just hasn't grabbed me like other releases this year have. I'll try again.

Really? Only 3 ballads? It all sounded slow to me. Okay, I gotta hear this one again. In fact, I'll put it in on the way to the bank today. As I said above, I do like it and there isn't a song I dislike on it, but it just hasn't grabbed me like other releases this year have. I'll try again.

I do think there are quite a few songs that sound samey on the second half of this disc, but I also love the vocals and there are two outright killers (ballad "Finding the One" and "Fallin For You") plus barely a filler to be found....

I do think there are quite a few songs that sound samey on the second half of this disc, but I also love the vocals and there are two outright killers (ballad "Finding the One" and "Fallin For You") plus barely a filler to be found....

Yeah i need to listen to this one again as its been awhile.

What i do remember (and what i wrote above) is that the early tracks...up to say 4 or 5 just go on too long....to the point where they almost become annoying. Some good tracks in the there too, just wished they had cut them 30 seconds (at least) shorter as it spoils my enjoyment somewhat.

Yeah i need to listen to this one again as its been awhile.

What i do remember (and what i wrote above) is that the early tracks...up to say 4 or 5 just go on too long....to the point where they almost become annoying. Some good tracks in the there too, just wished they had cut them 30 seconds (at least) shorter as it spoils my enjoyment somewhat.

had another listen to this tonight and have to admit that its pretty solid all the way through.....but never really gets much above solid.

'Fallin For You', 'Sweet Isabel' and 'Finding The One' are definitely the highlights.

And just to expand on my comment above tracks 1, 3 and especially 4 are at least 30 seconds too long.....the choruses just goes on and on and on at the end and im afraid that the hooks arent strong enough to stop it annoying the shit out of me. Est track 4 - I skip it it everytime about 30-45 seconds from the end...shame really cos its a pretty decent track. Ho hum.

If Im brutally honest with the albums due this year on the modern side I cant see this staying in the top 10.

Yeah, I got to agree with Glen on the track lengths. I ended up skipping the end of about 5 songs - not 'cause I hated them, just 'cause they were dragging.

And I still have to stand by my too many ballads comment, but maybe tweak it to too many slow songs. Tracks 4, 7 and 10 were full ballads, and 3, 5 and 8 were all ballads too. Track 9 is on the verge of being a ballad, but yeah, overall, that's a whole lot of slow songs.

As I said, pretty much like the whole thing though I could do without the last 2 songs.

As for a top 10 finish, I don't think it's been in my top 10 even from the start. Fine album, but not a competitor, imo.

And the production - man, Tim, I never thought I'd see the day when we were on this side of a production discussion. I recall a million albums where I think the production is fine and you not so much. I still think the production is a pretty big step down from the other modern rock releases out there. I'd love to hear them more polished.

'Falling for you' is great, though.

Whatever. You're both wrong, this is killer. "Finding the One" is better than "I'm Sorry" (on The Veer Union disc), and the production is rough but okay - and suits the music. And the vocals are awesome too. If Nickleback ever wrote some decent tunes and didn't hire a producer that sucked the balls out of their music then they might sound like this...

Whatever. You're both wrong, this is killer. "Finding the One" is better than "I'm Sorry" (on The Veer Union disc), and the production is rough but okay - and suits the music. And the vocals are awesome too. If Nickleback ever wrote some decent tunes and didn't hire a producer that sucked the balls out of their music then they might sound like this...

Haha... you dazzle me sometimes with your spirirt, mate. If you ask me the combined efforts of this total CD are not as good as 'I'm sorry', but to each their own. That 'Finding the one' is a nice track.

I have to ask, though, have you really heard the last two Nickelback discs? I hate "defending" these guys 'cause I'm not that big a fan, but f*ck me, they rock 100% harder on those last 2 discs... well, 4 to be honest, than American Radio. They don't have balls but these guys do? You're insane my good man!!! These guys are so soft and polite I bet some versions of this CD come with a bouquet of flowers and pink ear muffs! ;)

Haha... you dazzle me sometimes with your spirirt, mate. If you ask me the combined efforts of this total CD are not as good as 'I'm sorry', but to each their own. That 'Finding the one' is a nice track.

I have to ask, though, have you really heard the last two Nickelback discs? I hate "defending" these guys 'cause I'm not that big a fan, but f*ck me, they rock 100% harder on those last 2 discs... well, 4 to be honest, than American Radio. They don't have balls but these guys do? You're insane my good man!!! These guys are so soft and polite I bet some versions of this CD come with a bouquet of flowers and pink ear muffs! ;)

It is very safe isn't it, definitely no-risk stuff. Sorry mate, I like a few Nickleback songs but way too many filler for me to bother with much (though their "All the Right Reasons" disc was a pretty good one) - there are hundreds of Modern Rock bands I think are more deserving of success than they are....

It is very safe isn't it, definitely no-risk stuff. Sorry mate, I like a few Nickleback songs but way too many filler for me to bother with much (though their "All the Right Reasons" disc was a pretty good one) - there are hundreds of Modern Rock bands I think are more deserving of success than they are....

I'm Sorry >>>>>country mile and a half>>>>>Finding The One.

(youre talking about song No 2 on my 09 list over song about No 50-60 ish or whatever??....nah sorry mate, got to disagree on this one....)

Couldn't agree more. Decent band at best, a billion more deserving bands.