Anyone heard this Aussie indie

glam_junkie

Pretty sure I owned that one once. The name was vaguely familiar, but I definitely remember the front cover. I certainly didn't get us$73 for it, though! :lol:

I honestly can't even remember what it sounded like, but if memory serves it was a lot more metal than glam or sleaze or anything like that. I couldn't really be sure, though.

I was told that its pre-Empire? (Though the person who told me that sucks.. ;))

Yep!!! That's right. 'Calling' and I think 'Suicide (Your Love)' are both from the Empire debut. That's how I know of it. Maybe I didn't actually own it. lol.

... and it looks like the song 'Miles Gone' made it onto Empire's 'Chaos' EP from 1996. So all but the last track are accounted for on Empire's CDs.

While we're on the subject, any of you guys (aside from Andre who I'm sure owns it) ever seen that 'Chaos' EP from Empire?

Looks interesting. First time i've seen it.

Not a bad price the seller got. Outta my price range though.

Do you have Empire's debut? Not sure this'd be your thing, mate. It's definitely not glam/sleaze.

Do you have Empire's debut? Not sure this'd be your thing, mate. It's definitely not glam/sleaze.

Just picked up a disc by them recently for $10. 'The Power', but are still waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

Haven;t heard them before so thought i'd give em a try.

Just picked up a disc by them recently for $10. 'The Power', but are still waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

Haven;t heard them before so thought i'd give em a try.

Good solid disc. 'Feel' is sensational. I prefer the debut, though. :)

... and it looks like the song 'Miles Gone' made it onto Empire's 'Chaos' EP from 1996. So all but the last track are accounted for on Empire's CDs.

While we're on the subject, any of you guys (aside from Andre who I'm sure owns it) ever seen that 'Chaos' EP from Empire?

odd that empire - chaos cd still pops up around this great nation from time to time, I prefer it over the s/t debut anyday..

But their "cry" cd is a different story alltogether.

I actually ran into Empire vocalist Steve who mentioned he's got another album worth of unreleased tracks but isn't interested in seeing em out as I'm guessing he sees them a threat to harming his acting career..

Pity...

Yep i had Chaos years ago... thought it was average at best.

Not worth owning if you have the debut?

Okay, if you insist. So what's the 'Cry' CD? Isn't that one of the songs off 'The Power' CD?

Okay, if you insist. So what's the 'Cry' CD? Isn't that one of the songs off 'The Power' CD?

CRY is the Japanese pressing of "the Power" in a different order & the extra tracks being demos from 1992.

The songs do sound better, perhaps a different mx was used for the pressing.

CRY is the Japanese pressing of "the Power" in a different order & the extra tracks being demos from 1992.

The songs do sound better, perhaps a different mx was used for the pressing.

How many demos from 1992?