Young Guns

Glen

A little too emo for me. I like it a little more melodic...

• 2 months later...

OK Im lovin these tunes way too much, so I had to download this EP off itunes & it is mighty killer indeed.

1. Daughter Of The Sea - great opening track, hard hitting verses and a good chorus. Real attitude to this song.

2. The Weight Of The World - killer modern hard rock. Production of Fallbrooke, but kicks their arse! Almost a SOTY vibe, very nice (& solo)

3. There Will Be Rain - fuck me this is a killer rocker....easily the best track. Like a cross between SOTY and Anberlin. :bowdown:

4. In The Night - the full song on myspace....& very nice it is too. killer end to a killer EP.

I usually hate EPs but these 4 songs are too good to ignore.

Cheers

Is this all they're going to release this year? Are these songs going to be on a full length debut?

• 1 year later...

Well, just listening to the new album, 'All our kings are dead'... and quite frankly I am really enjoying this. I think their sound may have changed a little - I get a Lostprophets vibe (the more melodic side of them). It looks like none of the songs from the EP are on this either, so I'll have to track down that EP. This definitely appears to be one of the stronger modern rock releases of the year.

Well, just listening to the new album, 'All our kings are dead'... and quite frankly I am really enjoying this. I think their sound may have changed a little - I get a Lostprophets vibe (the more melodic side of them). It looks like none of the songs from the EP are on this either, so I'll have to track down that EP. This definitely appears to be one of the stronger modern rock releases of the year.

yeah i had a little listen at their myspace the other day and i though the same, that their sound had changed considerably. Will have to take a listen on spotify....is it released yet do you know??

The EP was pretty great from memory - will have to get those songs back on my iphone for a fresh new listen :-))

yeah i had a little listen at their myspace the other day and i though the same, that their sound had changed considerably. Will have to take a listen on spotify....is it released yet do you know??

The EP was pretty great from memory - will have to get those songs back on my iphone for a fresh new listen :-))

Yeah mate, released on 12th of July. I will try to track down the EP this weekend as I'm really interested in just how drastic the change is style was.

Due to release their debut EP called 'Mirrors' on June 22 - itunes only Im afraid!

Then i pass, i refuse to spend money on digital music :) they say illegal downloads are killing the industry? They're wrong, its bands (or rather, record companies) ignoring the fact that there's still a market for CDs -_-

Well, heard the 'Mirrors' EP on the weekend and maybe their sound/style hasn't changed as much as I thought. I still got that melodic kind of Lostprophets vibe. These guys are good, very consistent, but they won't set the world alight with this stuff.