SR-71

Straydog211

Personally, I prefer 'Tomorrow' to the debut but I believe that is a lone opinion. It is a lot heavier and darker than the debut, sometimes even likened to a rapless Linkin Park. I just think the songs are sensational. It'd be impossible to not love stuff like 'They all fall down' or 'Goodbye', but even the slower rockers are awesome too. Basically, Mitch Allan can't really write a poor song and this album is more proof of it. Don't miss their third (and arguably best) disc, 'Here we go again' too. All 3 are utterly essential.

Personally, I prefer 'Tomorrow' to the debut but I believe that is a lone opinion. It is a lot heavier and darker than the debut, sometimes even likened to a rapless Linkin Park. I just think the songs are sensational. It'd be impossible to not love stuff like 'They all fall down' or 'Goodbye', but even the slower rockers are awesome too. Basically, Mitch Allan can't really write a poor song and this album is more proof of it. Don't miss their third (and arguably best) disc, 'Here we go again' too. All 3 are utterly essential.

Backed...

Each release by SR-71 got better then the one prior. Good luck if you try and find a copy of the third release "Here We Go Again". Though "Tomorrow" does contain my favorite SR-71 tune... "Here We Go Again is essential if you like either of the others.

Backed...

Each release by SR-71 got better then the one prior. Good luck if you try and find a copy of the third release "Here We Go Again". Though "Tomorrow" does contain my favorite SR-71 tune... "Here We Go Again is essential if you like either of the others.

While we're here Dave, can I confirm - 'Here we go again' was only released in Japan, right? I'm so glad I got that when it was released. As you say, probably a pain in the ass to track down now.

Backed...

While we're here Dave, can I confirm - 'Here we go again' was only released in Japan, right? I'm so glad I got that when it was released. As you say, probably a pain in the ass to track down now.

Yes Geoff... it was only released in Japan. I have NEVER seen one on ebay. I do check quite alot because I wanna have a back up due to the fact that I play this one so much. Mitch says he has no spare himself nor does John Allen. So I would say you would be luck to find one.

I remember when I first picked up the first two CDs a few years back, it was not long after the 3rd one came out, and I passed on it at the time as it was a bit expensive being a Jap only CD......what a cunt I feel like now!

Luckily I managed to DL a copy so I at least have the songs, but would like to get hold of a physical copy!

I remember when I first picked up the first two CDs a few years back, it was not long after the 3rd one came out, and I passed on it at the time as it was a bit expensive being a Jap only CD......what a cunt I feel like now!

Luckily I managed to DL a copy so I at least have the songs, but would like to get hold of a physical copy!

:lol: Yeah, I remember I bought it at AOR Heaven and if I recall correctly it was us$21, which to be honest, puts it there in one of those threads as the most I have ever paid for a CD... but yeah, that was when I was not thousands of dollars in debt and SR-71 are one of my all-time fave bands, so I took the plunge. Without much thought either, to be honest. :)

OOOhhhh... Geoff. I just remembered I still have to get you some unreleased SR-71 tunes. I'll have to get on that.

OOOhhhh... Geoff. I just remembered I still have to get you some unreleased SR-71 tunes. I'll have to get on that.

Choice. :)

I own SR-71--Now You See Inside cd, but what does he sophomore album, "Tomorrow" sound like? Is it as good as the first or not as good?

Their other albums are killer, "Tomorrow" is shit - a waste of time. Much grungier & no hooks whatsoever. It is a million miles from their awesome debut disc IMO....

Looking on Amazon.co.uk its between £46-£77.......dammit!

I got my copy of "Tomorrow" from the Virgin Store in Times Square in a 3 CD's for $10 promotion....

It's 16€ on Amazon.de

I own SR-71--Now You See Inside cd, but what does he sophomore album, "Tomorrow" sound like? Is it as good as the first or not as good?

Their other albums are killer, "Tomorrow" is shit - a waste of time. Much grungier & no hooks whatsoever. It is a million miles from their awesome debut disc IMO....

:lol: Your joke posts are your best ones, mate. No hooks. HAHA!

No joke there mate. In all seriousness this album sounds like a completely different band to me, they down-tuned the guitars & distorted the vocals & sounded more like a mid-tempo PEARL JAM than a cutting-edge Modern Rock band. The fact they only took this approach for one album suggests that either: they hated it, or the fans hated it (and didn't buy the album). I suspect it was both.

I got my copy of "Tomorrow" from the Virgin Store in Times Square in a 3 CD's for $10 promotion....

Was talking bout Here we go again.

No joke there mate. In all seriousness this album sounds like a completely different band to me, they down-tuned the guitars & distorted the vocals & sounded more like a mid-tempo PEARL JAM than a cutting-edge Modern Rock band. The fact they only took this approach for one album suggests that either: they hated it, or the fans hated it (and didn't buy the album). I suspect it was both.

I do know the sales for that album pretty much killed them and any chance of ever "making it". But all that goes to show is that people suck. The band sure as hell didn't. ;)

Seriously, though, if not for 'Right now' being in 'American Pie' they would probably never have sold 1/4 of what the debut sold. And that sure as hell isn't because they weren't a great band. But let's face it - kids and pop-junkies bought the debut for the song in 'American Pie' and once they weren't fun and popular anymore most those clowns probably didn't even know there was a 2nd disc. No reflection on how good or bad it may have been. :)

I do know the sales for that album pretty much killed them and any chance of ever "making it". But all that goes to show is that people suck. The band sure as hell didn't. ;)

Seriously, though, if not for 'Right now' being in 'American Pie' they would probably never have sold 1/4 of what the debut sold. And that sure as hell isn't because they weren't a great band. But let's face it - kids and pop-junkies bought the debut for the song in 'American Pie' and once they weren't fun and popular anymore most those clowns probably didn't even know there was a 2nd disc. No reflection on how good or bad it may have been. :)

Whether or not you like the "Tomorrow" disc, I think it's fair to say that they just confused fans (me included) who loved the debut and then didn't get why they suddenly changed style. I also don't care how band's get some exposure & record sales, as long as it's the bands with talent that deserve it (as SR-71 do) that get the exposure & not the talentless ones....