Ebay seller warning

Well I probably had it coming. Before bidding I said to myself, "they have zero feedback, think twice". So I went against better judgement because I really wanted that original Tigertailz Young and Crazy cd in mint condition. So I shelled out $20 for it and get this email the next day:

"Hi,

I apologiZe for not getting with you sooner but been ill. I suffer from chronic pain and other disabilities that limit my functioning and quality of life. That being said I got into this as a hobby to have some fun and sell some cd's. But I find out paypal is compromising my products and money as well as delaying transactions. They are putting all my payments as a new seller "on hold". Which makes the funds inaccessible to me and therefore not fair or ethical on their part. I cannot ship anything out when I have no access to payments. So if you already paid by paypal I will give you the option to refund your payment after you pay me via money order and I will ship out your cd as soon as I get the money order from you. If you haven't already paid by paypal, please do NOT do so. I am quickly finding out they are not a condusive business establishment to endeavor with and am not well enough to deal with the ongoing hassles stemming from their inability to treat sellers properly. Thx,

- angelface2222"

I laughed a little to myself knowing that I probably deserve it. Only after I send a money order will I get a refund...too funny, scumbag.

Anyway, I see today this seller has a negative feedback from another buyer who shelled out $95 for This Time We Mean it by REO Speedwagon. Real bummer for that buyer. I probably dont need to post this warning since you are all probably smarter than me but I will anyway! :hammer:

This is a new policy with PayPal and new sellers. He'll get his money AFTER you leave positive feedback, or after 21 days. He may not be trying to scam you, but it's your call. PayPal does hold the funds to ensure the seller gets you the product.

Which is a ridiculous policy in many respects.

I know I pay for all my shipping costs out of my paypal payments, so if they ever decided to put a hold on my funds, I wouldnt be shipping anything either.

Now I dunno if there is an option like this in any other countries, but in the UK we can do all our mail stuff in paypal, so we can pay our shipping costs and print postage labels etc.

New customers should still be able to access this function even if they cant withdraw or spend the money while its on hold, or at least thats what would make sense to me!

This is a new policy with PayPal and new sellers. He'll get his money AFTER you leave positive feedback, or after 21 days. He may not be trying to scam you, but it's your call. PayPal does hold the funds to ensure the seller gets you the product.

I tried to give the benefit of the doubt at first, but when I re-read the part about me having to send a money order BEFORE I get a Paypal refund....seemed like a scam at that point.

I did email the seller back and say that I had a receipt from Paypal that the funds were transferred and there was no reason to hold the CD. I emailed a second time stating I was not sending a money order and I would have to file a claim and leave negative feedback if necessary. No response.

The other Ebay buyer that left a negative feedback for this seller...I did send that buyer a message through Ebay asking if he or she would mind telling me what happened, if they eventually got the cd, etc. No reply yet.

We'll see. I'll post an update here if I get one. Thanks for the "glass half full" reply...gives me some hope.

Well I probably had it coming. Before bidding I said to myself, "they have zero feedback, think twice". So I went against better judgement because I really wanted that original Tigertailz Young and Crazy cd in mint condition. So I shelled out $20 for it and get this email the next day:

"Hi,

I apologiZe for not getting with you sooner but been ill. I suffer from chronic pain and other disabilities that limit my functioning and quality of life. That being said I got into this as a hobby to have some fun and sell some cd's. But I find out paypal is compromising my products and money as well as delaying transactions. They are putting all my payments as a new seller "on hold". Which makes the funds inaccessible to me and therefore not fair or ethical on their part. I cannot ship anything out when I have no access to payments. So if you already paid by paypal I will give you the option to refund your payment after you pay me via money order and I will ship out your cd as soon as I get the money order from you. If you haven't already paid by paypal, please do NOT do so. I am quickly finding out they are not a condusive business establishment to endeavor with and am not well enough to deal with the ongoing hassles stemming from their inability to treat sellers properly. Thx,

- angelface2222"

I laughed a little to myself knowing that I probably deserve it. Only after I send a money order will I get a refund...too funny, scumbag.

Anyway, I see today this seller has a negative feedback from another buyer who shelled out $95 for This Time We Mean it by REO Speedwagon. Real bummer for that buyer. I probably dont need to post this warning since you are all probably smarter than me but I will anyway! :hammer:

It's always good to hear these stories. Sometimes, Something you want outweighs your judgement.

I've been pretty lucky so far and try to deal with the people, I've dealt with before.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, and by way, the username is no longer a registered user. Final count was -3 on the feedback score with zero disks shipped. I can take comfort in the fact that I paid the least with my $20 (or maybe I won't take comfort in that). For those interested these buyers left feedback. I didn't yet.

Jimmie Spheeris - Isle Of View (Sony) Rare OOP CD (#220385929337) US $28.00

A very unprofessional seller-Paypal payment made but seller refused to ship item

State of Shock - Ted Nugent Rare OOP Epic Sony 1979 CD (#220382831566) US $37.60

An absolute joke,never sent item,never refunded,avoid at all costs!

This Time We Mean It - REO Speedwagon Rare OOP CD (#220386351207) US $95.00

Worst seller I have ever had to deal with. Do not do business with this person!

With reply by the "angel" of: Reply by angelface2222 (Apr-06-09 13:05):

Buyer is a no good uncaring demanding person who needs to experience disability2

Anyway, Paypal stated I'll most likely get a refund since it was reported so soon the seller most likely could not transfer the funds in time. Whether that is true or not I will not know for a few more weeks.

The final chapter is written and the book is closed. It ended well enough. No Tigertailz cd, but no money lost. Live and learn.

From Paypal today:

"We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your

favor. We were able to recover $23.50 USD and this amount has been credited to

you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted."

• 2 weeks later...
Never mind!Just do what you want.

Sorry, not sure I follow...I normally do what I want, which may or may not be a good thing in all cases, but please elaborate.

Maybe he is angelface.

Sorry, not sure I follow...I normally do what I want, which may or may not be a good thing in all cases, but please elaborate.

Maybe he is angelface.

Ya know, that thought briefly crossed my mind considering the tone of the message...but then I thought nahhhh, can't be. Or can it? We may never know.

Maybe he is angelface.

Ya know, that thought briefly crossed my mind considering the tone of the message...but then I thought nahhhh, can't be. Or can it? We may never know.

shhh....party at uncle sax's tomorrow night [sat. may 10 - after 6 pm]. show up dammit! and bring some of your wife's single friends!