Harpers Island - New show on CBS

heaven&hell

Last nights episode was great IMO.

So am I right to assume that the man in the cabin that JD went to see at the end was in fact John Wakefield?

Also they've never mentioned anything about JD and Henry's Dad.

Could Wakefield be their Dad?

I love this show. :headbanger:

Plus how f#@king hot is the chick that plays Trish? :bowdown:

I just realized that this is Katie Cassidy(David Cassidy's daughter) and she played Ruby on Supernatural last season.

I didn't recognize her as a Brunette since she has been a blonde on other shows and movies she's been in.

It appears that she is currently filiming a remake of "A Nightmare on Elm Street".

Sorry Wes, can't read your posts as they may be spoilers, but I need to say a big what the f*ck? It looks like this has already been shafted in Australia, 2 episodes in. It's been showing about 9:40pm on Sunday nights... this week they had a new series of the US 'Biggest Loser', which is a pretty huge sign itself that 'Harper's Island' was a failure. Two weeks... oh man. I just wonder if that's it and I'll have to download the whole series (which I'll do) or if they'll show it at another time slot. :(

F*cking c*nt. It was on at 1:25am on Monday morning. So I am now downloading episode 3 from a torrent site. F*ck you, Channel 10.

Man, Jesus really doesn't want me to see this 3rd episode. I downloaded it, but the file won't work on my computer. So I watched it on Youtube but someone had only posted the first four 8 minute segments but not the 5th. So I haven't seen the last 8mins. F*CK!

• 1 month later...

Last nights series finale was just plain awesome IMO. :bananamac:

For those that have not watched it yet do not read any further: SPOILER ALERT!

I said to my wife a month back that if it was Henry that was the killer or at least one of the killers(this was when he was right there when his brother JD was murdered) than that would be just fucked but sure enough it was him helping Wakefield all along. When you find out that he was actually Abbies brother and her mother gave him up to be raised by another family and he was in fact Wakefield's son that was just shocking. But the shock didn't stop there after helping dear old dad kill all of those people just before killing Abbie he tells dad "not her" and kills dad instead. This dude was one serious pyscho the whole series but you'd never know it from his behaviour, but watching him kill his future wife in her wedding dress was something else. I always thought he was to nice. Kudos to the writers and the actor that played Henry because they fooled me. I was sure it was Jimmy but I guess that was to obvious and they made sure they kept him alive to put blame on him. Then I thought it could be Sully but wrong again and Henry killed him even though he'd been his best friend since 8th grade. Great show and I wish they'd do another show like this but with the poor ratings it doesn't look good.

It was a good show but I thought they stretched it out a bit too long.....also you'd think that island was just off Africa considering how far away the Coast Guard and other authorities were.... :lol:

I had the same thought but there was some bad weather. :whistle:

Just to let you guys know, I'm still watching and loving it. I'll read and reply to Wes' post when I see the last episode. Man the fiance is gorgeous!! I've enjoyed it, but have been getting a little tired with the 'Quick, let's leave the island' and the 'I can't, not until I find _____ (insert name).' Happened a bit too much through a few episodes there, but the show still rules.

Just to let you guys know, I'm still watching and loving it. I'll read and reply to Wes' post when I see the last episode. Man the fiance is gorgeous!! I've enjoyed it, but have been getting a little tired with the 'Quick, let's leave the island' and the 'I can't, not until I find _____ (insert name).' Happened a bit too much through a few episodes there, but the show still rules.

Yes as I mentioned in a previous post the fiance(played by Katie Cassidy AKA David Cassidy's daughter and formerly the character "Ruby" in Supernatural) is hot!!!!!!!

She was also just recently in the movie "Taken" where she played the friend that was supposed to have the relatives at home in Paris(she was a blonde in that movie as she was in Supernatural).

Yes as I mentioned in a previous post the fiance(played by Katie Cassidy AKA David Cassidy's daughter and formerly the character "Ruby" in Supernatural) is hot!!!!!!!

She was also just recently in the movie "Taken" where she played the friend that was supposed to have the relatives at home in Paris(she was a blonde in that movie as she was in Supernatural).

Ha, I didn't know that. I just watched 'Taken' recently too. I do remember the girls being pretty nice, though. I wasn't sold on her at the start as she's very slim (I prefer some meat on my ladiez) but goddamn she delivers. Very sexy.

Ha, I didn't know that. I just watched 'Taken' recently too. I do remember the girls being pretty nice, though. I wasn't sold on her at the start as she's very slim (I prefer some meat on my ladiez) but goddamn she delivers. Very sexy.

She is also going to be in the upcoming remake of TV's 'Melrose Place'.

Nice. I'll definitely be there for that. Just looked at a bunch of Google images as a blonde. I much prefer her as a brunette to be honest.

Nice. I'll definitely be there for that. Just looked at a bunch of Google images as a blonde. I much prefer her as a brunette to be honest.

She would be hot bald so I don't have much preference on her hair color. :lol:

Seriously though I didn't even realize who she was in Harpers Island after I had seen her as a blonde for a full season in Supernatural.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone replies to this, please work with me and know I have no seen the finale yet - that's new week. But yeah, last night was the second last episode (Spoiler for anyone who's not seen it at all and plans to alert) and Henry's his son and killer? WTF?

I actually thought they might do something that stupid throughout - and I was thinking about Henry himself, actually, but man I hope they pull this together well in the finale because how I see it at the moment is just silly. That's going to be real hard to pull together. They better have a good collage of flashbacks to show how it was him... or was most of his part just dragging everyone back to the island so his dad could slaughter them? But why would he want them all dead? Ah, f*ckit, I'll wait until next week and then we can build, cousin Wes, but as I say... it's looking a bit too out there at the moment.

As for stretching it out too long, completely agree guys. There were a few episodes in the middle where people are just getting chopped up again, people are doing stupid things like going off separately, chasing people and just trying to die by doing stupid things - it did get a little annoying, but I have enjoyed the show and look forward to the conclusion next Sunday night.

Yep, just saw the finale last night. Loved it. Honestly, a little way too far fetched for me. This dude (Henry) lives a normal life for two decades, makes friends and lovers and is, well, normal. Then all of a sudden he finds out he was adopted (like he's the first adopted kid ever?) and then feels the desire to kill all his lifelong friends and family, as well as his wife to be? Come on dudes, that's just stupid.

That said, it's just TV, it's just entertainment and this was a good, entertaining show. I did really enjoy it and there was a part of me that all along thought they might pull the Henry card... and they did. :lol:

So yeah, far-fetched as hell but one of the better TV shows I've seen in a long while. Good finale too. Loved the touch at the end, with the wedding well wishes from the cast, taken on the camcorder before the boat left the mainland - eerie and creepy and sad. Nice way to end it.