Journey - Live In Tokyo 1981

Faron

Saw this DVD advertised somewhere, it`s available at Playcom for £8.99.

Does anyone know how genuine this is?

Checked the Journey website, no mention of this, is it official?

Does anyone have this?

A boot probably. I heard of this a while back, but haven't actually seen it anywhere.

Holy shit mate - that looks awesome - just been released 30-03-2009.

Got Dixie on it too. :tumbsup:

Glen, can you buy it and play it , then let me know what you think of the quality before I purchase it :tumbsup:

A boot probably. I heard of this a while back, but haven't actually seen it anywhere.

Well its on Play.com and Amazon - only £8......taken a punt on it. Got to as a die hard Journey fan eh. :tumbsup:

Same applies to you as to Glen :tumbsup:

I just bought it mate - will let you know when it turns up.

Anything with Dixie on it is mine.........probably my fav Journey song :tumbsup:

Anything with Dixie on it is mine.........probably my fav Journey song :tumbsup:

Dixie Highway is a stunning song with mind blowing guitar playing.

I think I`ve heard several live versions of this, the guitar solos changed a little bit, not sure which version I like best :tumbsup:

Well its on Play.com and Amazon - only £8......taken a punt on it. Got to as a die hard Journey fan eh. :tumbsup:

Well done Glen :bowdown:

Dixie Highway is a stunning song with mind blowing guitar playing.

I think I`ve heard several live versions of this, the guitar solos changed a little bit, not sure which version I like best :tumbsup:

Well its on Captured for a start.

Thanks mate, I`m quite fussy about the picture quality, will interested to hear your opinion on this, if you say it`s worth it, I`ll hopefully get it for my 30th Birthday :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...
Boot or legit,if the picture and sound is good i'll buy a copy,big Journey fan.

Definitely a boot mate!

IMO the picture quality is poor, found it frustrating to watch.

Always nice to have some classic era Journey but wouldn`t have bought it or asked for it If I`d viewed the picture quality first!

Gotta be careful, Aerosmith have had a whole raft of these dodgy DVD's on Amazon, the companies seem legit (I think) but the product is substandard fare - sound and picture wise!

Definitely a boot mate!

Always nice to have some classic era Journey but wouldn`t have bought it or asked for it If I`d viewed the picture quality first!

Im surprised you said that!

I find the picture quality to be absolutely fine (except for the off strange camera angle) and the sound is good too.

I mean this obviously isnt an official release, but at the same time its not the poor quality I would expect from a boot either.

For £8, you cant really go wrong IMO.

& as opposed to Aerosmith there really arent 'a whole raft' of these live dvds available for Journey - its pretty much a straight choice between this and the classic Houston gig, so you may as well own both :tumbsup:

Definitely a boot mate!

I find the picture quality to be absolutely fine (except for the off strange camera angle) and the sound is good too.

I mean this obviously isnt an official release, but at the same time its not the poor quality I would expect from a boot either.

& as opposed to Aerosmith there really arent 'a whole raft' of these live dvds available for Journey - its pretty much a straight choice between this and the classic Houston gig, so you may as well own both :tumbsup:

Sorry Glen, I found the picture pretty poor, even though it was a boot.

Great show though, classic Journey :tumbsup:

Definitely a boot mate!

You must have a crap dvd player :nyanya:

Definitely a boot mate!

Someone or something has got shit in their eyes, got it on a recommendation from a very decent source! :lol::whistle:

Definitely a boot mate!

Someone or something has got shit in their eyes, got it on a recommendation from a very decent source! :lol::whistle:

My glasses are just fine thanks...............

Banger hassle your local cd/dvd store able get it, I got my copy at Radical Records here in Melbourne.

:beerbang:

Definitely a boot mate!

My glasses are just fine thanks...............

I`ll have to get myself a pair ;)