Negative

Geoff

Just had a look around the forum and it appears to me that this band does not have it's own thread. Which is odd, because I actually think they're better than a few more of the higher profile Finnish bands. Stefan was kind enough to hook me up with 3/4 of their discography and the last quarter will be taken care of soon, but just curious to know what people think of these guys, and which is your favourite album.

As I noted in another thread, the debut, 'Love and war' is my favourite at the moment but the new one, 'Karma Killer', is a cracker too. 'Sweet and Deceitful', for me, was a bit safe but also a fine disc. Especially the last two songs. Very nice.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the band?

http://www.myspace.com/negative

Great band and I like all four of their albums, although 'Anorectic' is definitely the weakest by far.

In order of preference:

Karma Killer

Sweet And Deceitful

Love And War

Anorectic

Great band and I like all four of their albums, although 'Anorectic' is definitely the weakest by far.

In order of preference:

Karma Killer

Sweet And Deceitful

Love And War

Anorectic

Haha... that's the one I (maybe smartly avoided) don't have yet. Can't wait to... uh, get that one. :lol:

In order of preference:

Karma Killer

Sweet And Deceitful

Love And War

Anorectic

Haha... that's the one I (maybe smartly avoided) don't have yet. Can't wait to... uh, get that one. :lol:

Yeh i dont have Anorectic either. Theres something about Stefan not giving it to aussies! :(

Karma Killer is my fave by far so far.

Sweet and Deceitful hasnt had enough plays, but the single (i think its track 1 or two?) is awesome!

Hardly played Love and War. Surprised Geoff likes this the most.

Also like to add Negative have one of the ugliest band members ever!

I think hes on Keys... check out the booklets, esp Karma Killer. Hes the one with the stupid name... Mr Teacup? Mr Spoon? Something like that.

Oh Matt, poor misguided Matt... :tsk: Typical aussie behaviour. Soon you will tell us all negative (pun intended) things 'bout Negative because of an ugly member :whistle:

And his name is Mr. Taco...or something like that.

In order of preference:

Karma Killer

Sweet And Deceitful

Love And War

Anorectic

Yeh i dont have Anorectic either. Theres something about Stefan not giving it to aussies! :(

Sweet and Deceitful hasnt had enough plays, but the single (i think its track 1 or two?) is awesome!

The guy on keys is called... lol... Snack.

Yeah, 'Love and war' was just a good solid fresh slab of melodic hard rock. I'll see how it goes after a few spins, but it just seemed really refreshing compared to the other Finnish bands and it just had that sweet raw untouched good debut feel. Some debuts are just duds, but this one's a good one for sure.

In order of preference:

Karma Killer

Sweet And Deceitful

Love And War

Anorectic

Yeah, 'Love and war' was just a good solid fresh slab of melodic hard rock. I'll see how it goes after a few spins, but it just seemed really refreshing compared to the other Finnish bands and it just had that sweet raw untouched good debut feel. Some debuts are just duds, but this one's a good one for sure.

Haven't listened those for a while, but I liked the debut best.

In order of preference:

Karma Killer

Sweet And Deceitful

Love And War

Anorectic

Another one!? surprised by this i am

In order of preference:

Karma Killer

Sweet And Deceitful

Love And War

Anorectic

As I said before...I have been readin' Geoff's comments on the board for years (our taste in music is so similar it's unbeliavable...well at least I can count on him when I buy stuff).

In order of preference:

Karma Killer

Sweet And Deceitful

Love And War

Anorectic

As I said before...I have been readin' Geoff's comments on the board for years (our taste in music is so similar it's unbeliavable...well at least I can count on him when I buy stuff).

Now it's official: Jyrki loves Geoff. ;)

• 7 months later...

Haven't heard much on the new album, 'God likes your style'. Anyone have it? Any thoughts on it? I'm spinning it now... sounds okay, but maybe a bit average.

Haven't heard much on the new album, 'God likes your style'. Anyone have it? Any thoughts on it? I'm spinning it now... sounds okay, but maybe a bit average.

It is a collection of B-sides, did you know that Geoff? I haven't heard it yet so I can't really say anything 'bout the album.

The few songs I do like of theirs are "About My Sorrow", "Neverending Parade", "Dream Flowers" and "A Song For The Broken Hearted"

The Neil Young cover is not to bad either.........I think they call it "My My Hey Hey"

That's about it though for me and this band.

It is a collection of B-sides, did you know that Geoff? I haven't heard it yet so I can't really say anything 'bout the album.

Ah, I did not know that my good man, but it makes sense. It is very patchy.