Another Shy topic...

Jeff

Did anyone notice the Shy - Let The Hammer Fall on Ebay today for $174.99?

No bids as of my post. I'm not sure how the HH Ebay average prices are calculated...on final sale or list price or some average of those, but I thought that the HH average price of ~$12 would go up considerably if someone actually bids on this CD. Which, by the way, I'm watching just out of curiosity.

My dad and I like the old cars...Mopars in particular. My dad has a '69 Super Bee. He always talks about ordering his first Bee in 1968 and having it delivered for around $3,000. Now some of those cars go for hundreds of thousands. I'm rambling...bored or whatever...you all know this stuff but it's fun/interesting to think about that stuff and this cd price "got me thinking".

I noticed a copy today on Amazon for £14 - some people really are fucking mugs, especially as this is a pretty shite disc in the first place.

I noticed a copy today on Amazon for £14 - some people really are fucking mugs, especially as this is a pretty shite disc in the first place.

You jest? I love this disc! Well, love is a strong word, but aside from the obvious sound issues, I think the songs are actually some of Shy's best ever.

You jest? I love this disc! Well, love is a strong word, but aside from the obvious sound issues, I think the songs are actually some of Shy's best ever.

E.X.C.E.S.S A.L.L. A.R.E.A.S

Nuff said!!

E.X.C.E.S.S A.L.L. A.R.E.A.S

Nuff said!!

G.O.O.D. B.U.T. O.V.E.R.-.R.A.T.E.D.

'Let the hammer fall' is just plain and simply good. In all honesty, with identical production job I'd prefer the songs on 'LTHF' to 'Excess all areas'.

I've seen shit like this before, on Amazon as well as eBay.

I just bought a brand new copy of We Survive:The Anthology, by Terraplane for £10 on Amazon, with another seller selling it for £109.

I saw the Shocker soundtrack on there a few years ago for something like £150 so I picked it up on eBay for £5.

Some people think that if its 80s rock, and its out of print it must be worth shit loads.

Sometimes the CD in question isnt even out of print.

Lets face it, how many auctions have you seen on eBay listing albums like Cinderella - Long cold winter or Bullet Boys - Freakshow as "rare" CDs?

Some sellers just cannot help themselves!