Download Festival 2009

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/home/

Headlining the festival are Def Leppard, Slipknot and.........FAITH NO MORE!!!

"3rd Headliner Revealed!

On 3/./2.09 8

We are ecstatic to be able to confirm that our third and final headliner for this year's festival will be the hugely influential and pioneering American rock band FAITH NO MORE. They join Slipknot and Def Leppard as headliners for Download, taking place 12-14 June.

Following a wealth of rumours and speculation, the band confirmed last week that they would be reuniting, 11 years after they famously called it a day in April 1998. Faith No More’s appearance at Download 2009 will be their ONLY UK date this year.

A statement from the band confirmed that they are “still young and strong enough to deliver a kickass set, with enthusiasm to not only revisit our past but possibly add something to the present. And so with this we've decided to hold our collective breaths and jump off this cliff.... BACK, GOD FORBID, INTO THE MONKEY CAGE!!!â€

A favourite of Metallica and Guns ‘N’ Roses, Faith No More are largely responsible for the rap/rock crossover blueprint and for influencing many of the nu-metal bands of the 90s, including Linkin Park, Korn and Limp Bizkit; the latter two will also play this year’s Download.

Live Nation VP of Promotions Andy Copping says of the news, ‘FAITH NO MORE were the band that started the whole alternative music scene. To have them play for the first time in eleven years exclusively at Download is amazing! They had so many huge hits, I can't wait to see the set list - "We Care A Lot", "From Out Of Nowhere", "Epic", "Falling To Pieces", "Midlife Crisis", "A Small Victory", "Digging The Grave"; not forgetting their awesome covers of Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" and The Commodores "Easy". They are one of my favourite bands of all time and being able to see them headline at Donington will be unbelievable. This is like the second coming of Christ!’

Kerrang! magazine's editor, Paul Brannigan, echoed these sentiments: ‘Faith No More were not only one of the great rock bands of the ‘90s, but also one of the greatest rock bands ever. A hugely entertaining thorn in the side of mainstream rock throughout their 17 year history, the band’s unique, eclectic and uncategorisable sound has been a massive influence on every forward-thinking rock band of the past 20 years and their return is a huge cause for great celebration. I couldn’t be more thrilled that they’re back.’"

also on the bill are Whitesnake, Motley Crue, Trivium, Dragonforce, ZZ Top and Anvil

i dont know about anyone else, but i believe this is the best Download lineup yet! maybe Guns N Roses will be added to the lineup in the next couple of months?

anyone planning on going? ive already started saving :P

Odd line-up. I'd like to see De Leppard, Whitesnake and Motley Crue. The rest: no thanks.

Odd line-up. I'd like to see De Leppard, Whitesnake and Motley Crue. The rest: no thanks.

not a fan of Faith No More eh?

and did you ever check out those Slipknot songs i posted?

Nah, not a fan of FNM at all. Pretty sure I checked out those Slipknot songs and was left completely unimpressed. :(

Comes to something when Whitesnake and Crue are listed as being below Leppard, Slipknot and Faith No More.

Also, Andy Copping needs shooting if he thinks that the cover of War Pigs is awesome.

It always pisses me off that they included it on Nativity in black considering that annoying shitty bit when Patton just starts singing "blah blah blah blah blah" instead of the actual lyrics.

I always got the feeling he hated the song, and was taking the piss!

Can i get Keef and TIM in on this convo :P they'd appreciate the bands listed :P

I wouldn't mind seeing Faith No More as long as they stuck to stuff from WE CARE A LOT, INTRODUCE YOURSELF, and THE REAL THING... they kinda lost me after that record...

If you're going to this thing do yourself a favor and make sure you catch Anvil... they fuckin rule :headbanger:

Can i get Keef and TIM in on this convo :P they'd appreciate the bands listed :P

I wouldn't mind seeing Faith No More as long as they stuck to stuff from WE CARE A LOT, INTRODUCE YOURSELF, and THE REAL THING... they kinda lost me after that record...

If you're going to this thing do yourself a favor and make sure you catch Anvil... they fuckin rule :headbanger:

i intend to, tho i will have to see The Crue or Whitesnake if the choice is between one of those two bands and Anvil :P

and i imagine that FNM will mostly stick to the first few albums, with some of "The Real Thing" thrown in (i know you dont like this album but songs like Last Cup Of Sorrow and Midlife Crisis are awesome IMO, and Evidence off of King For A Day is one of my fave FNM tracks that didnt feature Jim Martin)

Nah, I liked FNM's REAL THING... the follow up ANGEL DUST threw me for a loop tho.

If there is any justice in the world you'll get to see Anvil smoke the Crue!

Nah, I liked FNM's REAL THING... the follow up ANGEL DUST threw me for a loop tho.

Damnit! i meant Angel Dust -_-

i am so confused tonight :s im usually quite sharp with this kinda thing :unsure:

i am so confused tonight :s im usually quite sharp with this kinda thing :unsure:

Too much pot?

Too much pot?

Or not enough :P

actually, its a girl...she's been on my mind for the last 3 days, but thats a story for another thread :P