Madina Lake - 'Attics to Eden' due April 28th

Geoff

Myspace link to 'Never take us alive'

I got into these guys a little late but after repeated spins of their debut over the last year or so they have set themselves up as one of my fave modern hard rock bands. To find out why check out their kick-ass new song 'Never take us alive' at the above link.

New album due 28th of April - I'm excited.. even if their other new song isn't so good. :lol:

Really enjoyed their first album.....the two songs on their Myspace are pretty good. We'll have to see how the whole album turns out.

The band that I want to know about is if Sick Puppies are releasing anything this year?? Do you know, Geoff?

Really enjoyed their first album.....the two songs on their Myspace are pretty good. We'll have to see how the whole album turns out.

The band that I want to know about is if Sick Puppies are releasing anything this year?? Do you know, Geoff?

Nah, sorry mate. Got no idea. In all honesty, I thought they'd split up ages and ages ago. I think I have some of their songs somewhere. I should check them out again.

Myspace link to 'Never take us alive'

I got into these guys a little late but after repeated spins of their debut over the last year or so they have set themselves up as one of my fave modern hard rock bands. To find out why check out their kick-ass new song 'Never take us alive' at the above link.

New album due 28th of April - I'm excited.. even if their other new song isn't so good. :lol:

Yeah I quite like 'em. At least the singles off their last album were strong, so hopefully they can make a full album that's good this time. If it's anywhere near as good as the latest NEW FOUND GLORY then I'll be picking this up....

• 1 month later...

Got this one spinning now. This may take a few spins, but I can see this one being a real winner. There is a strong backing vocal presence here and a really cool atmosphere. Some really good songs and big hooks/choruses. So far, maybe not as instant as the debut, and to be honest probably plain and simply just not as good as the debut... but this could grow into one of my sneaky faves of the year. 'Never take us alive' is definitely a highlight. 'Not of this world' is great too. 'Through the pain' is the best on this, though, I have to say early on. Actually, just spinning the last song now - 'Welcome to oblivion' and this is great too. The second half of this disc appears to really deliver. Very impressed.

Any album that incorporates the word 'awesomeness' into the chorus of the first song deserves a lot of respect, as far as I'm concerned.

So I've heard this all the way through & it's definitely more consistent than the first album, but it really needs some stand-out tracks. There's no "One Last Kiss" on here, nothing even remotely close IMO, & the choruses are just not that immediate. Decent but not as good as I'd hoped...

So I've heard this all the way through & it's definitely more consistent than the first album, but it really needs some stand-out tracks. There's no "One Last Kiss" on here, nothing even remotely close IMO, & the choruses are just not that immediate. Decent but not as good as I'd hoped...

I haven't had the chance for a second spin yet, but I'm looking forward to getting to know this one. I agree with your thoughts that there doesn't appear to be anything as good as the best of the debut on this, but I was definitely impressed with the 2nd half of the disc and need to hear more.