Hang Loose Records

Hi,

Anyone had any recent experiences with HL? I've bought from them in the past, but seem to have trouble getting a response lately.. I'm even thinking of giving them a call..(international one for me).

Johann and Juergen from Hang Loose are two incredibly disorganised fellows. Or so it seems anyway. I and a very good friend of mine have been very annoyed with them on a number of occasions.

It is not unusual for them not to respond. Mostly this is the case when they do not have the ordered CD's on stock, which happens very often, and you are asking for a shipment date, because you have been waiting for weeks. Is this the case here ?!?!

I have given up on Hang Loose in the meantime and rarely order from them. Waste of time. I would send them one more reminder threatening them that you will cancel the order, if they do not reply. This usually helps.

I've purchased from Hangloose once in the past and don't recall there being any problems. Maybe a bit slow to post but that doesn't bother me much as long as it arrives within 4-6 weeks I'm usually happy. In fact I was browsing their website today and considering another order. Even though the Australian dollar is still very weak, there are quite a few new releases and re-issues that I really want so I think I'm just going to lash out and make a bulk purchase from one of the retailers. I'm deciding between AOR Heaven, NEH and Hangloose at this stage.

I've purchased from Hangloose once in the past and don't recall there being any problems. Maybe a bit slow to post but that doesn't bother me much as long as it arrives within 4-6 weeks I'm usually happy. In fact I was browsing their website today and considering another order. Even though the Australian dollar is still very weak, there are quite a few new releases and re-issues that I really want so I think I'm just going to lash out and make a bulk purchase from one of the retailers. I'm deciding between AOR Heaven, NEH and Hangloose at this stage.

Georg Siegl from AOR Heaven definitely is the better choice in Germany. At least he has the stuff on stock.

Georg Siegl from AOR Heaven definitely is the better choice in Germany. At least he has the stuff on stock.

Yeah, I've always found AOR Heaven very reliable...just wish their international postage was a fraction cheaper

Yeah, I've always found AOR Heaven very reliable...just wish their international postage was a fraction cheaper

Did you see this ? I don't think this is too bad ! Keep in mind though, that shipping is rather expensive over here, unfortunately.

From the AOR Heaven website:

Rest of the World(USA, JP, etc.)

Postage rates airmail (not insured >>at your own risk in the case of loss or damage) ++ Insurance is 2,05 Euro (extra)

With the jewel cases:

1-4 CDs = 8,00 Euro

5-8 CDs = 12,00 Euro

9-17 CDs = 24,00 Euro

Without the jewel cases (you'll get all the paper goods, we only pass by the tray & the case):

up to 10 CDs = 8,00 Euro

up to 20 CDs = 12,00 Euro

up to 30 CDs = 28,00 Euro

Please ask for UPS Express shipment rates (optional)

Our discount offer:

3% discount for orders of 10 or more CDs/DVDs!

5% discount for orders of 15 or more CDs/DVDs!

10% discount for orders of 20 or more CDs/DVDs!

none can beat this german dude! 7 cds with j.cases for 5.90 euros(shipping cost) only! and registered. and came in 3 days here. i don't know how he's doing it! and look at the prices!

http://www.groovetemple.de/

i just paid him for another one package of 11 cds. the usual 5.90!

edit: oli is his name, g.temple is the game!

Hi,

Anyone had any recent experiences with HL? I've bought from them in the past, but seem to have trouble getting a response lately.. I'm even thinking of giving them a call..(international one for me).

Johann and Juergen from Hang Loose are two incredibly disorganised fellows. Or so it seems anyway. I and a very good friend of mine have been very annoyed with them on a number of occasions.

It is not unusual for them not to respond. Mostly this is the case when they do not have the ordered CD's on stock, which happens very often, and you are asking for a shipment date, because you have been waiting for weeks. Is this the case here ?!?!

I have given up on Hang Loose in the meantime and rarely order from them. Waste of time. I would send them one more reminder threatening them that you will cancel the order, if they do not reply. This usually helps.

thanks to both of you for your replys! at least it just isn't me!

none can beat this german dude! 7 cds with j.cases for 5.90 euros(shipping cost) only! and registered. and came in 3 days here. i don't know how he's doing it! and look at the prices!

http://www.groovetemple.de/

i just paid him for another one package of 11 cds. the usual 5.90!

edit: oli is his name, g.temple is the game!

Yeah, I ordered quite a lot of stuff from him on ebay. This site is lousy, though ! How do you ever find anything ? But I agree, he does have good prices.

Did you see this ? I don't think this is too bad ! Keep in mind though, that shipping is rather expensive over here, unfortunately.

From the AOR Heaven website:

Rest of the World(USA, JP, etc.)

Postage rates airmail (not insured >>at your own risk in the case of loss or damage) ++ Insurance is 2,05 Euro (extra)

With the jewel cases:

1-4 CDs = 8,00 Euro

5-8 CDs = 12,00 Euro

9-17 CDs = 24,00 Euro

Without the jewel cases (you'll get all the paper goods, we only pass by the tray & the case):

up to 10 CDs = 8,00 Euro

up to 20 CDs = 12,00 Euro

up to 30 CDs = 28,00 Euro

Please ask for UPS Express shipment rates (optional)

Our discount offer:

3% discount for orders of 10 or more CDs/DVDs!

5% discount for orders of 15 or more CDs/DVDs!

10% discount for orders of 20 or more CDs/DVDs!

Yeah that isn't too bad I guess, for some reason I thought it was more expensive than that.

I've had great experiences with NEH, AOR Heaven and Schmankerl Records...

NEH is great to deal with, I've never had one single problem.

I do think there prices are a little high but I still buy from them since their service is so damn good.

I have bought from Hang Loose several times. Had no problems at all. I buy from them, Schmankerl, and NEH for most new releases. I used to buy a ton from Georg at AOR Heaven but he lost my business a couple of years ago by failing to respond to 3 polite e-mails I sent him over a period of time in regard to my orders. The last two orders I had with him all showed on my order that I was being charged in US dollars but both times he charged my credit card in Euros and I paid a hefty fee for Visa to convert US dollars to Euros. So I refuse to buy from someone who can't be bothered to at least explain why he started doing this to a good customer.

I have bought from Hang Loose several times. Had no problems at all. I buy from them, Schmankerl, and NEH for most new releases. I used to buy a ton from Georg at AOR Heaven but he lost my business a couple of years ago by failing to respond to 3 polite e-mails I sent him over a period of time in regard to my orders. The last two orders I had with him all showed on my order that I was being charged in US dollars but both times he charged my credit card in Euros and I paid a hefty fee for Visa to convert US dollars to Euros. So I refuse to buy from someone who can't be bothered to at least explain why he started doing this to a good customer.

i did hear back from Hang Loose today and apparently Jurgen had a bad cold and was out of the office several days... so everything is cool. i was just expressing my frustration. They do have some good deals that i couldn't find elsewhere. thanks for all the comments!