Favorite 3 Trax off of Damn The Machine

Leykis101

Every now and then I start to Feind to hear DTM, I don't know if every word Polland wrote back in 93 is true to date, or just the great blend of Jazz, Rock, Metal, Blues, Progressive, and even a little Thrash are nothing like ive heard from any band since, but I do know, this was a one time thing, and even if they had come out with a second album, It would have only tarnished the perfection of the first album, I first heard DTM on the A&M rock line back in late 92, I used to call it from the pay phone at my Jr. High, whats your favorite 3 trax from this album.

1. On With The Dream

2. Fall Of Order

3. Countryside

I remember this release and all of the talk about the return of Chris Poland but like so many other albums I never got around to checking it out.

It's definitly in it's own world! And I can see why alot of people don't really catch it, and get into it, I don't know anybody personally that has cared for it, it's to Uncatagoristic, it is all over the place musically, not progressive all over the place, it's only a little progressive, but it's not experimental either, so I wont ask if you catch my drift, you'll just have to listen to it, I love it, and have since I heard it, and I think the lyrics are about as 5 star, and high end as your going to find on any album ever, that might be another big reason people didnt get it! I love it, just a Fucking Monster Album.

I vaguely remember hearing this band back in the day... couldn't tell ya what they sounded like now tho.

My bro and I were planning to go see VoiVod in NYC on the OUTER LIMITS tour when Damn The Machine opened for'em but the show got cancelled.

I vaguely remember hearing this band back in the day... couldn't tell ya what they sounded like now tho.

My bro and I were planning to go see VoiVod in NYC on the OUTER LIMITS tour when Damn The Machine opened for'em but the show got cancelled.

Ive never seen either of them live, but I am an old skull fan, of Voivod, a band that basically did, and does their complete and own style and sound, and it can never be copied, on account that it's so unique anybody who tried to copy them, would be so blantently obvious, they would look foolish, now then, that said, if Damn The Machine is as technical and tight, Live, as they are on their cd, they would have absolutely pulvarized Voivod! but somehow I find it difficult to believe they are that good Live, but I guess I'll never know!

Every now and then I start to Feind to hear DTM, I don't know if every word Polland wrote back in 93 is true to date, or just the great blend of Jazz, Rock, Metal, Blues, Progressive, and even a little Thrash are nothing like ive heard from any band since, but I do know, this was a one time thing, and even if they had come out with a second album, It would have only tarnished the perfection of the first album, I first heard DTM on the A&M rock line back in late 92, I used to call it from the pay phone at my Jr. High, whats your favorite 3 trax from this album.

1. On With The Dream

2. Fall Of Order

3. Countryside

Was this the one with the cigarrette on the cover? Real bargain-bin album IMO. I bought it after getting into Megadeth through "So Far, So good, So What" & thought it might be thrash, but it's proggy nonesense with nothing by way of hooks. I think I put my copy on eBay & then, when it didn't sell, I threw it in the bin. However, to answer your question - my favourite songs are:-

1. The last track. Because it means I've reached the end of this dull as shite album

2. The penultimate track. Because it means I'm nearing the end of this dull as shite album

3. The shortest track. Because it's over nice & quickly.

BTW, I don't even like Poland's playing much. SORRY!

Yes, I guess the guitar player for Nickleback really shows you just how untalented some of these musicians like Poland really are, here we have have a cd full of nonesense dribble, easy fly by night chords, a straight 4|4 beat, and lyrics that sound like they have been written by a 1st grader, a special ed 1st grader, Poland must have thrown this album together as a joke, as he clearly isnt playing anything good, well that's why I can always breath a deep relief, as I pull my Nickleback cd from it's case, it may be the only way I can forget about such a talentless, thoughtless, waste of an album. All Hail Nickleback!!1

Yes, I guess the guitar player for Nickleback really shows you just how untalented some of these musicians like Poland really are, here we have have a cd full of nonesense dribble, easy fly by night chords, a straight 4|4 beat, and lyrics that sound like they have been written by a 1st grader, a special ed 1st grader, Poland must have thrown this album together as a joke, as he clearly isnt playing anything good, well that's why I can always breath a deep relief, as I pull my Nickleback cd from it's case, it may be the only way I can forget about such a talentless, thoughtless, waste of an album. All Hail Nickleback!!1

You okay there? What's with the reference to Nickleback? For the record, I don't like Nickleback at all & they have zero chops. But they do know how to write songs with hooks. Something sorely missing from the DTM album IMO....

I Played this Tape the other night...there are some really great moments and some

really dull ones...Chris' playing is okay, not his best, but there are times he

really let's go but they are few and far between..too me it sounds like they weren't really sure of whichway they wanted to go sound wise, also this came out in the vacant early 90's grunge was in full swing and the record company was pushing them that way..IMO..

Still worth nabbing if you find it cheap..

I think it's fucking awesome so fuck all of you!!! :screwy:

• 1 month later...
Damn The Machine is a classic.

A classic? I notice you wrote this on April Fools Day, so I presume this was you having a little joke?... The reason they didn't do a second album is because the first one was shit and no-one bought it.

Come On Tim! It didnt sell because of poor marketing, and look at Wham! Wham! didnt just release their album and automatically have a platinum record, did they? no! they had to start at the bottom and work their way up!

Come On Tim! It didnt sell because of poor marketing, and look at Wham! Wham! didnt just release their album and automatically have a platinum record, did they? no! they had to start at the bottom and work their way up!

On the contrary, I thought the marketing was spot-on for a major label. Good album cover, nice big sticker saying "featuring ex-Megadeth shredder Chris Poland", a couple of promotional videos, etc. Shame they didn't bother actually listening to the music before they wasted their money promoting it...

Yeah! Lots of air play, hourly spins in Mtv, and VH1's rotation, good promotion in america would have been shoving it down peoples throat until they were so brainwashed they loved it! and it's not that bad of an album, its not top 40, but the band plays tight, it doesn't sound lke anything else(I know, that's good, right?) but its original, good or not, and in my book, originality gets hefty marks.