Roxx Gang...A not so funny thing happened...

Jeff

There is a pawn shop between where I work and my parking ramp. I stop in there every now and then to see what I can find. They only have a couple of racks of cd's but all cd's are just $2. In the past I found Dokken's One Live Night, a Savatage cd and others.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I found an absolute mint, orginal release of Roxx Gang, Things You've Never Done Before. I was pleased.

After spinning this disc many times, I realized that something wasn't quite right with Track 8 and Track 9, which are 8-Fastest Gun In Town and 9-Nine Lives. Fastest Gun In Town is a minute too long because it contains the first minute of Nine Lives. Then Nine Lives starts 1 minute into the song. It's like when they made the CD they put the marker for the next track in the wrong spot. It plays this way in my computer, car, cd player.

Not a big deal, but I was curious if any of you who have this cd (original release), if your copy does the same thing?

Wow, that's an odd one, mate. I'll check at home but 99.9% sure mine plays normal as 'Nine lives' is on my Ipod and play fine... so I assume it's okay off the disc.

There is a pawn shop between where I work and my parking ramp. I stop in there every now and then to see what I can find. They only have a couple of racks of cd's but all cd's are just $2. In the past I found Dokken's One Live Night, a Savatage cd and others.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I found an absolute mint, orginal release of Roxx Gang, Things You've Never Done Before. I was pleased.

After spinning this disc many times, I realized that something wasn't quite right with Track 8 and Track 9, which are 8-Fastest Gun In Town and 9-Nine Lives. Fastest Gun In Town is a minute too long because it contains the first minute of Nine Lives. Then Nine Lives starts 1 minute into the song. It's like when they made the CD they put the marker for the next track in the wrong spot. It plays this way in my computer, car, cd player.

Not a big deal, but I was curious if any of you who have this cd (original release), if your copy does the same thing?

But for $2 Roxx Gang "Things You've Never Done Before", regardless of the glitches its still was a very good buy. And you wrote that its in absolute mint, very good buy indeed.

Hey Metal T, the only Walkman I have left is the cassette. Which by the way I am still trying to rebuild the cd's of all the music I had on cassette years ago when I traded my whole collection in at a music shop in downtown Eau Claire, WI....it will be never ending I'm sure. Anyway, I did try it in another computer and I think you're right, just a glitch on this CD.

Hey Nelson, I agree, still a good find for $2.

I ended up using an MP3 trimmer to cut the extra Nine Lives portion off of Fastest Gun In Town and then ended up buying the Nine Lives MP3 online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Roxx Gang cd does the exact same thing. I've never cared too much because it doesn't affect playback. It did when I put it on my ipod, so I did the same thing as you. Use mp3's

My Roxx Gang cd does the exact same thing. I've never cared too much because it doesn't affect playback. It did when I put it on my ipod, so I did the same thing as you. Use mp3's

They must have pressed some faulty cd's then. Oh well. Yep, that's what I did...downloaded the one MP3 and cropped the other to the correct length.