Thomas Godoj - 'Plan A!'

Geoff

Just stumbled accross this disc the other day and if you like your Idol rock contestant's albums, then this is another one for you.

There are samples of all songs on Amazon:

Amazon

I can't understand German, but I understand it was not actually the official 'German Idol' he won, but some other talent show. Either way, the songs are all in English bar 2 (which I do have to admit are actually good too! Seriously, as much as I hate foreign songs I was even enjoying these!) and they are really, really good. Strong, emotive melodic rock songs in the style of Daughtry, David Cook and Bo Bice's debut, mixed with the majority of the Finnish scene, but IMO better.

Hope to see a few of you give this one a go...

Hey Geoff, do you know any online/other retailers selling this one at a good price? I like your description of the music and I'm very keen to give this one a go but so far I can only find it on E-Bay as expensive imports from Germany with equally expensive postage costs.

Thomas did win the german IDOL contest, it is just called differently over here. The show is called "Deutschland sucht den Superstar". The other contestants didn't really have a chance against him. He was so much better.

Hey Geoff, do you know any online/other retailers selling this one at a good price? I like your description of the music and I'm very keen to give this one a go but so far I can only find it on E-Bay as expensive imports from Germany with equally expensive postage costs.

Sorry mate, I just have no idea. I have found it near impossible to buy CDs from The Donots, Blind and I also looked for this guy and I can't find any of them for a decent price - all German. Perhaps Bernd has some ideas? The bands on this site are easy to get, but try getting a German band outside of this particular genre...

Thomas did win the german IDOL contest, it is just called differently over here. The show is called "Deutschland sucht den Superstar". The other contestants didn't really have a chance against him. He was so much better.

Ahhh, thanks for the info. I thought it was Idol at first and then what I was reading made out that it was something different. Have you heard the disc? You might like this one, mate.

Ahhh, thanks for the info. I thought it was Idol at first and then what I was reading made out that it was something different. Have you heard the disc? You might like this one, mate.

No, not the full disc. Just 1 or 2 songs, which actually were quite good. I should really give him a chance as I also bought CD's of other Idol candidates from other countries: Ari Koivunen (Finland), Billy Klippert (Canada), Bo Bice (USA)

It will be very cheap very soon and then I will buy it.

• 3 years later...

I'd heard 3 tunes from this before and those tracks were really good, so I may investigate this one further now Stef has put more stuff up. There are loads of these cheap over at Amazon uk.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting the disc from medimops a while ago for a few cents. Good CD with one fantastic song I can't think of at the minute.