Mc5

Leykis101

People are always talking about the state of music had it not been for Zeppelin and Sabbath, which by most logical thinking folks is true, but I don't think anybody that was on the scene back in the late 60's would ever deny what kind of massive influence the Mc5 had on the underground rock scene. Countless bands have covered Kick Out The Jams, but when you actually put it on turn it up and try to imagine, this came out in 1968, thats heavier then anything anybody had done at that point in time, as far as sheer aggression, and the only album they are known by is Kick Out The Jams, a live album, not studio, I don't believe Kick Out The Jams was ever done in a studio version, the guitar player for Mc5 is a legend to some guitar players, including myself, Wayne Kramer is the most known unknown, I believe the singer Rob Tynelly died of a heroin overdose, so Mc5 was brought to a screatching hault, but I do know this branch of the music tree developed into what would become Real Punk Rock!!! I know Iggy Pop was greatly influenced by these guys, are any of you guys familiar with their work.

Actually I think Tyner died of a heart attack, and Smith the other guitarist died of an overdose, im not sure though, either way, they fucking rocked.

Yeah I like MC5 ... I had Kick Out the Jams on vinyl years ago but the bit where he shouts "Kick Out the Jams m*****f*****s" it was edited to say "Kick Out the Jams Borthers and Sisters".. I bought a two disc collection a few months back. I'll have to get some more...I love Rocket Reducer No.62.

My favorite track is Motor Citys Burning! it's more blues based but still they kicked ass at that too!