More game show nonsense

manicego

I loved when Game Show Network was running those '70s "Match Game" episodes seemingly around the clock. (Nowadays they've got way more of their "original" shows on the schedules and don't seem to run as many of the classics...) I could watch those old "Match Games" all day long. Richard Dawson, Charles Nelson Reilly, and Brett Somers were frickin' hilarious on the panel, and host Gene Rayburn was a hoot too. They don't make'em like that show anymore!!

I loved when Game Show Network was running those '70s "Match Game" episodes seemingly around the clock. (Nowadays they've got way more of their "original" shows on the schedules and don't seem to run as many of the classics...) I could watch those old "Match Games" all day long. Richard Dawson, Charles Nelson Reilly, and Brett Somers were frickin' hilarious on the panel, and host Gene Rayburn was a hoot too. They don't make'em like that show anymore!!

Charles Nelson Reilly was really funny too..Nipsy Russell..J.P.Morgan..some

of those "stars" didn't really seem to do anything else...Brett Somers did

some acting I think ( Odd Couple?)..she was great too...

Brett Somers did some acting I think ( Odd Couple?)..she was great too...

Brett Somers was married to Jack Klugman of "Odd Couple" fame if memory serves. Is she even still alive? I know Charles Nelson Reilly kicked the bucket a year or two ago.

Gotta add Paul Lynde...he was a froot but funny as hell...

Plus he had the good taste to give KISS their first major TV exposure on his 1976 "Halloween Special" :metal:

>> Brett Somers was married to Jack Klugman of "Odd Couple" fame if memory serves. Is she even still alive? I know Charles Nelson Reilly kicked the bucket a year or two ago. <<

Read somewhere that Dawson is the only surviving "regular" of the show. Found this on YouTube a few minutes ago. Charles Nelson Reilly, Brett Somers and Betty White from 2002 reminiscing about the show.

This show was sheer, out of control genius. I just watched an episode where the cast of The Carol Burnette Show crashed the show and it was freakin hilarious. Cast members would start mock fights with each other, cheat off of each other ... all kinds of crazy shit.

There's no way in hell any of today's celebutards could pull off a show like this - or Hollywood Squares. Weren't those cast members similar??

• 3 months later...

Okay, so you guys know I'm a Match Game junkie, right? Well, while watching it constantly I've wondered from time to time if anyone I knew when I lived in LA would ever pop up on the show (actually, their parents but I knew a few "older people" in LA also ..).

Well, I'm watching it the other night, as I always do, when lo and freakin behold someone with the same name as an old girlfriend of mine's mother was a contestant. Luckily, I'm actually still friends with that girl so I shot her an eMail asking if her mom had ever been on that show.

Would you fucking believe it was her?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Her mom

was

FUCKING HOT!

>> OH yea gotta LOVE the classic Match Game!!! the new one kinda sucks, but Damn that one from the 70s was funny as hell!!!! <<

There's a new version??? What's the point? The celebutards today have 1/1,000th of the charisma that Richard dawson, Brett somers, etc. had.

As for the 70's version, I'm addicted to it. I TiVo it everyday and wait until 15 - 20 episodes are recorded (which is every 3 or 4 days) and then have myself a lil marathon.

My son was watching the movie "All Dogs Go To Heaven" over the weekend and one of the dog's voices sounded very familiar but I couldn't place it... about half way thru the movie it finally hit me... it was perennial "Match Game" panelist Charles Nelson Reilly! :rofl: