WOLF - The Black Flame

rob62972

Damn.... I was watching/listening to the Metal Channel the other day on Comcast digital, and they played "At The Graveyard" from the band Wolf. I was drawn right in! I have since tracked down the disc "The Black Flame". This is some killer stuff folks. :banger:

Anybody else into these guys? Anyone who wants to check it out, PM me. :beerbang:

51gurpuorlss500lu9.jpg

All of the their releases are top notch. They have 4 full lengths under their belts with my favorite being "Black Wings". That said, not a bad album in the bunch. In fact, I'd say they are far superior to 95% of the current metal scene. Total Mercyful Fate/ Maiden structures with their own sound and just great songs. Highly recommended. :banger::headbanger::banger:

I had EVIL STAR for a while but eventually traded it off... decent enough band but that vocalist gets annoying after a while... one or two tracks at a time wouldn''t bother me but if I tried listening to the whole CD in one sitting he'd REALLY start to grate on me by about the mid-way point...

I applaud their great taste in cover songs though. They did the Ramones' "I'm Not Afraid of Life" on EVIL STAR, that's enough for them to earn a thumbs up from me. :tumbsup:

is this the band that did that cover of Dont Fear The Reaper that was in Six Feet Under? is that cover on this album?

They have indeed covered "Don't Fear The Reaper," but I dunno if that's the version that was in "Six Feet Under" as I've never seen that show...

I had EVIL STAR for a while but eventually traded it off... decent enough band but that vocalist gets annoying after a while... one or two tracks at a time wouldn''t bother me but if I tried listening to the whole CD in one sitting he'd REALLY start to grate on me by about the mid-way point...

I applaud their great taste in cover songs though. They did the Ramones' "I'm Not Afraid of Life" on EVIL STAR, that's enough for them to earn a thumbs up from me. :tumbsup:

I had that one too and I did the same thing...I feel the same about that guy's

attempt at vocals.. :puke: but musically it was a kicker... :banger:

I kind of agree with you guys now that I've heard this.

Musically it's really good but it's almost like they're trying to be Hammerfall but their not quite as good.

I kind of agree with you guys now that I've heard this.

Musically it's really good but it's almost like they're trying to be Hammerfall but their not quite as good.

Backed...

• 3 months later...
Their cover of "Don't Fear the Reaper" Is on their "Evil Star" Album... Pretty good cover too..... :headbanger:

I really dig this cover too. It's like drenching the original tune with metal riffage. It's dark...and atmospheric in a way. Can be spine-tingling!