Saxon..Into The Labyrinth

Jez

Always a big entry into my Diary when Saxon release a new album, as they are my favourite Metal band bar non. January 12th/13th is the big date for the Euro and US releases of Saxons 19th studio album 'Into The Labyrinth', so get it marked in. After recent releases, this promises to be an absolute belting album, can't wait. Loving the cover artwork to this aswell.

Here are all the details.

9e1b38a5c5.jpg

SAXON

"Into The Labyrinth"

Into The Labyrinth was recorded at the Twilight Hall in Krefeld, Germany, under the direction of Charlie Bauerfeind. Saxon recorded 13 new songs at Blind Guardian’s studio, starting with their monumental opener, ‘Battalions Of Steel’, through ‘Demon Sweeney Todd’ and ‘Valley Of The Kings’, which both cover historic events, to the final slide guitar blues track, ‘Coming Home’ (fans are already familiar with the electric version of this track from Saxon’s Killing Ground album).

Saxon are currently still working on an additional 14th track, which will be available exclusively as a download on iTunes from the release date. “The new material was written in England and at my house in France,” Byford explains.

“Stylistically, I would describe the album as an even balance between Lionheart and The Inner Sanctum, a mix of powerful, in-your-face rock songs and pure heavy metal tracks. We’re very happy with the production and proud of Into The Labyrinth.”

Release Dates:

Germany: January 9th

Europe: January 12th

USA / Canada: January 13th

(on Steamhammer / SPV)

TRACK LISTING:

Limited Edition Digipack (only available in Europe)

01 Battalions Of Steel - 06:34

02 Live To Rock - 05:30

03 Demon Sweeney Todd - 03:51

04 The Letter - 00:42

05 Valley Of The Kings - 05:03

06 Slow Lane Blues - 04:08

07 Crime Of Passion - 04:04

08 Premonition in D Minor - 00:40

09 Voice - 04:35

10 Protect Yourselves - 03:56

11 Hellcat - 03:54

12 Come Rock Of Ages (The Circle Is Complete) - 03:52

13 Coming Home (Bottleneck Version) - 03:12

Bonus DVD

- Parzival movie with Biff acting as King Arthur

- Tour Documentary

- "Live To Rock" video clip

- Audio Interview with Biff Byford

(running time approx. 70 min)

Looking forward to this one as well and I'm sure if it's anything close to the last release "Lionheart" then it'll be a good one.

I also love the artwork.

Actually there last release was "The Inner Sanctum" which is really good IMO.....check it out!

Backed - A bloody marvellous disc. :headbanger:

Looking forward to this one as well and I'm sure if it's anything close to the last release "Lionheart" then it'll be a good one.

I also love the artwork.

Actually there last release was "The Inner Sanctum" which is really good IMO.....check it out!

Backed - A bloody marvellous disc. :headbanger:

Damn I knew that but for some reason it slipped my mind.

I probably forgot about it because I never got around to buying it. :doh:

I still haven't picked up THE INNER SANCTUM either, Wes, so don't feel bad. LIONHEART definitely f**kin rips though!!

By the way, a public thanx to Jez who is about to hook me up with some vintage Saxon CDs (S/T, Wheels Of Steel and

Denim And Leather) as he has replaced 'em with Japanese reissues... can't wait to get those!! :beerbang:

I still haven't picked up THE INNER SANCTUM either, Wes, so don't feel bad. LIONHEART definitely f**kin rips though!!

By the way, a public thanx to Jez who is about to hook me up with some vintage Saxon CDs as he has replaced 'em with Japanese editions... can't wait to get those!! :beerbang:

The Inner Sanctum is better than Lionheart IMO...both are really good, but

T.I.S has that something extra...IMO...

• 2 months later...

I also love the artwork.

It was really good, especially the opening track is fantastic.

• 1 month later...