Fantasy hockey for HH

hsf

OK, it's getting close to that time of year.

Is anyone here at HH interested in participating in a fantasy league for the board this year? Never been a TON of hockey fans around here, but last year's turn out was pathetic. We've got to get at least 6 teams to have this work. (And get trophies. And I'm all about the trophies on Yahoo. lol) We can let in an outside source or two, but I'd really love it to be a HH team.

So, who, if anyone, is interested?

(Any other sports? I'm pretty much a fantasy whore at this point. So, anyone's interested in anything else, let me know. We get enough peeps, I'll take care of it.)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I am a huge hockey fan (Go Caps)... I have never tried fantasy hockey. Just seems like it would take a lot of time to keep up with your team. They play so many games and all. Another thing is the fact that I watch every Capitals game there is... so there are alot of teams I rarely get to see. This would make it hard to keep track of everything I needed to.

Is it really time consuming...or could I survive if I only went to the fantasy site 2 times a week?

Though I am a huge hockey fan (Go Caps)... I have never tried fantasy hockey. Just seems like it would take a lot of time to keep up with your team. They play so many games and all. Another thing is the fact that I watch every Capitals game there is... so there are alot of teams I rarely get to see. This would make it hard to keep track of everything I needed to.

Is it really time consuming...or could I survive if I only went to the fantasy site 2 times a week?

You could definitely manage to "keep up" with everything 2 times a week, but you would have to set your line ups for multiple days, which we've all had to do in the past with vacations/holidays/etc, and if you set a line up Tuesday aft. and a guy gets injured Tuesday evening and you don't get back till Friday or so, then you're SOL for a couple of days. But it's definitely doable. Especially if you just want to try it out and learn the intricacies of online fantasy hockey.

I'd be happy to help you with some other stuff, if you're interested Dave. PM me if ya want more info. Or check out a couple of the past fantasy hockey threads. There aren't many of us, so we try to help each other out. It'd be great to have another HH'er aboard the fantasy hockey express.

HH Fantasy Hockey 07

HH Fantasy Hockey 06

HH Fantasy Hockey 05

As you can see, attendance (and page numbers of posts) have declined over the years. We really have had fun each year, but the 05 season was great for a variety of reasons: returning hockey after a year and a half layoff, the number of people in on things, the constant talking about it here, etc. Looking for another year of this type.

Hope to hear from you about the hockey!

If there are only three or four people playing I will probably pass. But, if there is more interest this year then count me in.

There ya go folks! You gotta join in so we can keep Rick around in the fantasy hockey league!

Wouldn't you feel like the biggest loser if poor Rick were denied the joy of being in the HH fantasy hockey league because not enough people joined?

(If my appeals and fantasy hockey aren't enough, maybe guilt will get people to play. :lol: )

Thank you!

If Dave (LV Kix) and Rick (BT) join, we've got 4. I'm guessing Jason won't come back, but are there at least 2 other people out there that are interested in finding out what fantasy hockey's all about so that we can make a league?

Let's go gang! It's not that hard to keep your rosters up. I think I was just editing mine a couple times a week.

I'd say six people would be a good number to shoot for.

Aw, come on, seriously? We can't scrape together SHIT for fantasy leagues anymore!

(Sorry guys, not talking about you/us as a individuals/a collective group. Talking about numbers. Used to be we had LOADED fantasy leagues, particularly for all the football stuff, but even baseball too. And hockey at least got us into contention for a dang trophy! Now we can't scrape enough for trophies in the spread pick 'ems or hockey. WTF?)

Ah, screw it!

I ain't waitin for all the pansies around here to PF around.

For those that wanted to play, I created a league. We've got 4 so far. Hopefully we can scrape together 2 more people from here. If not, I'm sure one or more of us have a friend that might wanna get in.

Anyway, league info is:

ID #: 10556

PW: heavydrinkin

Head here to join.

If it totally flops, I'll just delete the league. But it'd be nice to have something to talk about, in addition to our few comments on the season, about hockey around here.

I just can't believe the people that've gone by the wayside over the years.

(Hell, folks, join for my custom fantasy sports avatar, promoting two of my biggest loves: boobies and Coors Light!)

Way to go Rick! Thanks for joining. :drink:

Got two more to sign up. (Come on Dave, we'll help you through.)

And then at least two more.

Who's cool enough to join the four of us on our fantasy hockey fantastic voyage?

Way to go Rick! Thanks for joining. :drink:

Got two more to sign up. (Come on Dave, we'll help you through.)

And then at least two more.

Who's cool enough to join the four of us on our fantasy hockey fantastic voyage?

I figured it couldn't hurt, and maybe a few others would follow suite. I'm also trying to talk a buddy of mine into signing up as well.

C'mon folks, let's light this candle!!!

• 3 weeks later...

OK...Sorry for the delay. I'm in now and set to go.

I think we may still need one team for this to work.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing no one else is joining up. (Though I'd LOVE to be proven wrong.)

If we're still stuck at 5 on Thursday, I'll put one more team in so we can be up and running.

Thanks for jumping in Dave. There aren't a ton of us, but it'll be even more fun than the 3 of us that played last year.

I am pretty sure I have a buddy talked into signing up. We'll see if he can get around to it.

I can't make the draft tomorrow night so hopefully the computer kicks some ass for me!

I am pretty sure I have a buddy talked into signing up. We'll see if he can get around to it.

I can't make the draft tomorrow night so hopefully the computer kicks some ass for me!

Let me know ASAP Rick so I can add a dummy team if necessary.

If he hasn't signed up by tomorrow afternoon Just go ahead and add the team.

If he hasn't signed up by tomorrow afternoon Just go ahead and add the team.

Good news. Thanks Rick!

I hope I'm able to do the ive draft. The only way to get connect to the internet where I live is by phone or with a dish. i have a dish but it doesn't work to well when it is cloudy or rainy. Clouds are moving in and my computer is slowing down. we'll see what happens. It's now about 20 minutes before the draft starts. :beerbang:

No late drafts next year!

In my 2 late drafts, my computer froze and I missed some time. (With our lightning fast rounds with only 6 teams, I missed MANY rounds and missed 3 bench players I coveted BIG TIME!)

Hope everyone is happy with their teams. With only the few of us, it should be fairly competitive!

Good luck to all and thanks for playing! It's nice to have a bigger (for us) fantasy hockey league here at HH again! :drink:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank goodness there's hockey on so I don't have to listen to the idiots at ESPN. (Versus Network, if anyone's more interested in that than the FB coming on in a bit.)

Anyone know why these games in Europe don't count? I can see in head-to-head leagues, because no one else is playing, so it's an unfair advantage. But, in rotisserie leagues, that means I'm losing 2 games for all my players on these 4 teams. I mean, maybe points-wise, it won't make MUCH of a difference, but if a person, were to say, lose a league by 2 points and that was because they came one place behind the league winner in 2 categories, say goals and plus/minus, but with those 2 games, would have improved those 2 categories and maybe won the league, isn't that rather unfair?

I'm headed to the Yahoo message boards to read/ask, but I just think that's pretty damned shitty!

OK, :rant: over.

****edited to reflect that Yahoo! was just slow and had a glitch in their fantasy sports program.... YET AGAIN! But, it's free. I guess as long as they eventually fix their mistakes, it's difficult to be TOO upset. (At least as long as you're not a total hothead like me. lol)

So, we've got our first points of the year. (At least those of us who had players playing.)

I'm thinking I've GOT to get Stattracker for hockey. I mean, $10 for how much it'll mean is a SMALL price to pay.