Fantasy hockey for HH

hsf

That's the NHL for you. Always doing stupid shit so people can't follow what the hell is going on. I had no idea they were playing games in Europe that counted, I thought the season started Thursday. Never even bothered to set a lineup because a week ago it never had anyone listed as even playing a game Saturday and Sunday. Boppity boopy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the NHL for you. Always doing stupid shit so people can't follow what the hell is going on. I had no idea they were playing games in Europe that counted, I thought the season started Thursday. Never even bothered to set a lineup because a week ago it never had anyone listed as even playing a game Saturday and Sunday. Boppity boopy.

Ahh, shit. I'm sorry. I figured people were seeing the commercials for the games. (Yesterday's were on the NHL Network and today's on Versus.)

Just an FYI, the other points start Thursday night. And if you have any Pens or Sens, that game's not underway yet.

I imagine most of you are watching football, but for anyone watching (or at least checking on) hockey, did your Versus Network mess things up?

I was on the phone with my brother (TX) and he said, in the middle of the Rangers/Lightning game, it switched over to cage fighting. And mine was still the game. We were like "WTF is up?" and wondering how that could be. So I continued to watch my game. And after that game, Pens/Sens was supposed to be next. However, then MY Versus channel switched over to the fighting stuff and I can't find the Pens/Sens anywhere. (Which, obviously, is the game I wanted/needed to see.)

Just wondering what's going on. I would normally blame TWC of NEO, but since my brother's got messed up too, I'm guessing it's the Versus Network. Just wondering if anyone else got cheated out of any/all of either/both games.

Ahh, shit. I'm sorry. I figured people were seeing the commercials for the games. (Yesterday's were on the NHL Network and today's on Versus.)

Just an FYI, the other points start Thursday night. And if you have any Pens or Sens, that game's not underway yet.

I don't get NHL network on my system and I only get VS on one tv that has a cable box. Plus of course ESPN never talks about hockey so I had no idea. Oh well, now I know...and knowing is half the battle! :tumbsup:

Ummm.... I'm not sure I know what I'm doing. :unsure:

Ummm.... I'm not sure I know what I'm doing. :unsure:

PM me with anything Dave.

You're doing OK. The only thing is, and it would have helped if the NHL wouldn't fuck around with overseas games at the beginning of the season. But, both Saturday and Sunday, you didn't have Scott Gomez in your starting lineup.

In the first day of games (now that the European games are over) on Thursday, your lineup is all set. On Friday, though, you've got some players out of the lineup. You move them just like in FB (or other fantasy sports).

Although, I would either drop or put on IR, which is what I did in another league that I have him in, Sergei Gonchar. He'll be out most of the season anyway. But, might as well put him on IR until you need the spot, just in case he comes back early.

Like I said, any other questions, let me know and I'm glad to help. (And a couple of other guys around the joint know what's up too. lol)

First of a nearly full slate (of teams) in the day's games in the NHL. Just wanted to remind everyone to start checking lineups DAILY. (Or for a few days in advance, for those of you who can't check daily.)

Good luck!

(BTW, WTF is up with someone taking my lead this early in the season? I'd like to have said that I at least led for a WEEK or something, before the season is up!)

OK, who the fuck decided to play a DAY game on a Monday?

Seriously, on my 8 teams, I think I lost substantial stats on almost half of them.

Damn! (In the Rotisserie leagues, not a HUGE deal, but for the weekly head-to-head scores, that could seriously come back to bite me in the ass.)

Guess that'll teach me to set EVERY night before I go to bed, not just MOST.

(BTW, is anyone else TOTALLY screwed because of injuries? Either IR or DTD? Damn, some of my teams are decimated because of that. Alfredsson, Downie, Zubov, Zidlicky, Sykora, Bieksa, and Gonchar, just to name a few. And literally, I have some teams where like 3 or 4 guys are injured. It's pretty messed up!)

OK, for real, FUCK JS Giguere!

He gets his ass handed to him in the his four previous starts and is facing the undefeated San Jose Sharks. So, before I lose any more ground in any of my leagues (I'm not doing too well this week in all 8 of my leagues), I sit Giguere.

Damned if he doesn't go and fucking shutout SJ. (And make 38 saves. It wasn't like an 18 shot SO.)

I suck at life.

LOL Jay! I'm just taking it easy and not getting too fired up in the league we are in. So many injuries but it's a loooong season. :D

LOL Jay! I'm just taking it easy and not getting too fired up in the league we are in. So many injuries but it's a loooong season. :D

I try not to get TOO fired up and I do know it's a long season, so I definitely should just play it out for now and see where I'm at come the All-Star break or so.

It just aggravates me because of the way things have gone so far. I mean, he loses (often looking sieve-like) his first 4. You'd think either his luck would continue or the Ducks would give someone else a start.

But maybe, like most, they figured he's BOUND to snap out of it. Of course, I keep him in for all his losses (horrible stats) and then totally bail on him the night he has the shutout.

(And I'm sure not gonna drop him for someone to pick up for when he gets hot, like I did with Kipper a few years back. That pretty much assured me of not winning the title that year.)

Just par for the course, around here in fantasy-land.

Oh well..... :popcorn:

Go Rangers! (4 minutes in and Lundqvist has given up 2 goals.)

I just checked on Yahoo. His GAA for the game is 32.14 right now. lol

Are you kidding me?

I have 5 spots on my players' bench.

In the 16 players I started, I scored 1 goal and 11 assists.

Among the 5 players I DIDN'T start, they scored 2 goals and 5 assists.

To be fair, other than Aaron Voros, everyone else that I would have had to have moved got at least an assist, but still. My shooting percentage SUCKED yesterday (in general). I could have used those 2 goals, slightly improved overall shooting percentage.

• 3 weeks later...

For what it's worth...my dumb ass FINALLY figured out how the scoring works in this league...and it only took me what, three years to "get it"?

For what it's worth...my dumb ass FINALLY figured out how the scoring works in this league...and it only took me what, three years to "get it"?

Says the man in the lead by 24 points. :bowdown:

Says the man in the lead by 24 points. :bowdown:

If only I could have figured this shit out in year one...

Seems a Pen and a Cap (or two) are the big point getters these past few seasons.

Last year it was Hank Lundqvist. This year, so far, it's Bobby Luongo. Just those one or two pieces that are SO out there they help carry a team over the top. (I'm hoping Lundqvist will grab a few SOs somewhere, because I'm dying in that category, among others.)

(And MAN, is that Marty Brodeur loss killing a couple of my other teams.)

• 1 month later...

Things are looking iffy right now. (Man, I think I've made more roster changes in this league than I have in my other 3 leagues combined.)

Rick just keeps running away with things.... and Luongo isn't even back with the 'Nucks yet!

(I'm praying they'll put Selanne on the IR so I can grab another player. I've got Sundin taking up a spot without being active, so I'm losing points there. I just hope it pans out. But if I have 2 inactive players, it's REALLY gonna suck, particularly when I have to active Ryan Whitney, probably tomorrow. Maybe I'll give him a game or two to get back into shape, though.)

Things are looking iffy right now. (Man, I think I've made more roster changes in this league than I have in my other 3 leagues combined.)

LOL Mike and I were just talking about that last night. About the same number of moves I made in FF. I'm not sure how I've been able to hold on to the top spot what with losing Brodeur and then Luongo going out. Luckily my goalie pickups have been playing out of their minds for being backups.

I tell you what though, Mike is really gunning for the number 2 spot and when he gets that he says I'm next. :unsure:

• 1 month later...
Luckily my goalie pickups have been playing out of their minds for being backups.

I tell you what! If it weren't for Steve Mason of the Columbus Blue Jackets, I don't know where I'd be. Other than that last week or so before the break, "on fire" didn't even begin to describe his performance. And Scotty Clem from NJ was quite the pickup as well. Ty Conklin has developed into a pretty solid starter. The real mystery has been Giguere. (If I hadn't wasted a pick on him, no telling who I could have gotten.)

Oh, and HOW MANY TIMES can I pick up/drop Marek Zidlicky this year? lol (Maybe it's just running together from all the leagues, but I'm thinking this is his 3rd time on my roster. haha)

OK, I know it's not a HUGE deal, but Ken HitchCOCK needs his ass kicked. Overplaying Mason and starting him B2B after a SO, and then yanking him after the first.

• 4 weeks later...

Just when I think I have this thing figured out...

How the f%#k do I lose a point when I didn't have a single player playing last night??? I can't help it if I have no players from Colorado or the Isles on my roster, and those are the only two teams that played last night. So I get penalized for that? :(