When bands don't have websites or any history...

When submitting cds it asks for information on the bands (such as websites) if they are not already on the main site.

What's the deal when submitting more obscure stuff?

Bands from late 80's early 90's rarely have websites and some are damn near impossible to find any history or infomation on... yet are definitely suitable to this site.

For example, I just submitted some stuff by aussie bands such as Firepower, Gas, Eclipse - who are all 100% HH eligible but I cannot for the life of me find any online content on these bands. What happens there - will they be rejected, accpeted?

When submitting cds it asks for information on the bands (such as websites) if they are not already on the main site.

Bands from late 80's early 90's rarely have websites and some are damn near impossible to find any history or infomation on... yet are definitely suitable to this site.

For example, I just submitted some stuff by aussie bands such as Firepower, Gas, Eclipse - who are all 100% HH eligible but I cannot for the life of me find any online content on these bands. What happens there - will they be rejected, accpeted?

If there's no info out there to verify what style of music a band plays, nor any MP3s available online anywhere, I'll most likely ask you for an MP3 sample or two of the band before adding them to the database. Others who submit CDs on a regular basis will verify that this is normal; the submissions aren't just automatically rejected.

Mike

If there's no info out there to verify what style of music a band plays, nor any MP3s available online anywhere, I'll most likely ask you for an MP3 sample or two of the band before adding them to the database. Others who submit CDs on a regular basis will verify that this is normal; the submissions aren't just automatically rejected.

Mike

No worries, cos I'm guessing that a lot of the aussie indies I've been submitting of late may be a little more on the obscure side (not obscure in style, but obscure as in not commonly known).

If you need any samples, style comments on these, just let me know.

• 4 months later...