Aussie band... Axatak

LV KIX

I remember years ago a friend of mine used to play the Hell out of a band called Axatak (I think that is the correct spelling) back in the mid to late 80's. Does anyone know anything about this band at all...? Was anything every released on CD...? Or did any band members go on to other bands..?

I think at least one of our knowledgeble Aussie members might know something.

I remember years ago a friend of mine used to play the Hell out of a band called Axatak (I think that is the correct spelling) back in the mid to late 80's. Does anyone know anything about this band at all...? Was anything every released on CD...? Or did any band members go on to other bands..?

I think at least one of our knowledgeble Aussie members might know something.

They are Australia's answer to KISS..I saw a link for their ep...I'll try and post it...

Glam rockers Axatak from Melbourne, formerly the 'KISS Klones', one of the first Aussie KISS tribute bands in the early 80s. The musical influence is obvious in their sound.

Perfect... That's what I was looking for.

Thanks alot....

Axatak release one demo tape and one ep, nothing on cd.

Andy, bass player and vocalist, passed away bit over 10 years ago. Sadly missed by those remember him.

Most other members don't play in other bands anymore. Yuri, lead gutiarist in 1st line up, played in Safire for very short time but didn't recorded anything them.

You might come across classic old live footage on Youtube.

:banger:

To be honest, I haven't ever heard their music but have known of the band for a long time. Here is link to a out of print Australian music blog. If you scroll down to the entries made on April 1st, you can download their 5 track EP. Also worth checking this blog out for other cool aussie hard rock/AOR stuff. Much of what is found on this blog is old and long out of print and hard to find. Recently there has been some stuff by Blackjack posted on there as well.

Ausrock Blog

Axatak release one demo tape and one ep, nothing on cd.

Andy, bass player and vocalist, passed away bit over 10 years ago. Sadly missed by those remember him.

Most other members don't play in other bands anymore. Yuri, lead gutiarist in 1st line up, played in Safire for very short time but didn't recorded anything them.

You might come across classic old live footage on Youtube.

:banger:

Thanks for the info... Sad to hear of the passing of Andy. I remember the first time my friend slapped that tape in my care player... I thought it was God awful. A month or so later I would make sure he had it with him when we went out on the weekends. We would always try to out do each other coming up with obscure bands.... I always gave him credit for Axatak. That one really grew on me.

To be honest, I haven't ever heard their music but have known of the band for a long time. Here is link to a out of print Australian music blog. If you scroll down to the entries made on April 1st, you can download their 5 track EP. Also worth checking this blog out for other cool aussie hard rock/AOR stuff. Much of what is found on this blog is old and long out of print and hard to find. Recently there has been some stuff by Blackjack posted on there as well.

Ausrock Blog

Thanks alot...very cool site. :drink:

There was a cd released.. althouhg I'm guessing a bootleg as it was one of those 2-on-1 releases.

I've seen it on ebay quite a few times, always being sold out of germany... so I'm guess that's where the boot came from.

Here we go, there's one up on ebay now....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AXATAK-same-STONEHE...1QQcmdZViewItem

• 2 years later...