Burning Rain Appreciation Thread...

T-BONE

I Dug out my old Burning Rain CD's the other day after listening to the new Whitesnake for a few spins. I got on a Doug Aldrich kick for some reason. Listening to the 2 Burning Rain CD's I can see a very heavy Whitesnake/Lynch Mob combo going on. :beerbang: Aldrich definatly has a good grasp of the Lynch/Sykes sound and vocalist Keith St. John's style has alot of Coverdale/Jorne Lande mixed with Robert Mason/Oni Logan.

Recommended listening :banger:

Oh yeah these are great cds. I love them both.

I still prefer Bad Moon Rising and Lion but Burning Rain was awesome too.

I swore I read sometime last year that Doug and Keith were gonna do another album, but I'm sure with Doug's duties in Whitesnake he doesn't have much time.

I'm admittedly not the hugest fan, but I've never thought about selling these two CDs and never will. Good consistent stuff. I actually had the 4 ballads off both albums on my Ipod but I think I took them all off when I edited it. :(

I Dug out my old Burning Rain CD's the other day after listening to the new Whitesnake for a few spins. I got on a Doug Aldrich kick for some reason. Listening to the 2 Burning Rain CD's I can see a very heavy Whitesnake/Lynch Mob combo going on. :beerbang: Aldrich definatly has a good grasp of the Lynch/Sykes sound and vocalist Keith St. John's style has alot of Coverdale/Jorne Lande mixed with Robert Mason/Oni Logan.

Recommended listening :banger:

I''d love to see another burning rain cd out, perhaps the guys can put out the leftovers from the recording sessions :beerbang:

This was and still is my thoughts on the two Burning Rain releases and even though I think Pleasure To Burn is far superior to the first album, that one I still really like too :tumbsup:

Much better than the first album."Faithfully Yours" is the best song they have done and add to that ,Love Emotion , Love De Jour [which sounds like The Cult , even the vocals} and Judgement Day and you have a much more consistent album than the first one.Great stuff !!!

• 1 year later...
I'm admittedly not the hugest fan, but I've never thought about selling these two CDs and never will. Good consistent stuff. I actually had the 4 ballads off both albums on my Ipod but I think I took them all off when I edited it. :(

Well, I stand corrected. I'm listening to a lot of my old CDs at the moment to see what's a keeper and what's not, and to be honest these two are both going, without any concern from me.

I still like the 2 ballads on each disc, with 'Faithfully Yours' still being the best, but the songs aren't that good and the rest, imo, are just such blatant fillers. Aldrich is riffing like a monster on these CDs, but the actual songs are all so similar and hookless. Like Wes said, I prefer Lion by 100% and the first two Bad Moon Rising discs also slaughter this.

Well, I stand corrected. I'm listening to a lot of my old CDs at the moment to see what's a keeper and what's not, and to be honest these two are both going, without any concern from me.

I still like the 2 ballads on each disc, with 'Faithfully Yours' still being the best, but the songs aren't that good and the rest, imo, are just such blatant fillers. Aldrich is riffing like a monster on these CDs, but the actual songs are all so similar and hookless. Like Wes said, I prefer Lion by 100% and the first two Bad Moon Rising discs also slaughter this.

I still do prefer Lion and BMR but both of these discs are great too IMO.

I think I just prefer Kal Swan's vocals over Keith St. Johns, but I dig his voice too.