Seven Wiser - 'Stronger'

Geoff

Just thought I'd give this a shout out as I know this band has some fans here. I'm honestly not sure if this is going to get a physical release (I assume so, but can find no information indicating as such). Either way, it's available for download on Itunes. Check out the links:

http://www.sevenwiser.com/

http://www.myspace.com/sevenwiser

I'm spinning it now and three tracks in, this will not disappoint fans of the debut. In fact, this may well eclipse the debut - easily, I hesitate to say so soon. The guitar work is f*cking fantastic. I don't know if it's a new guy but he is solo-ing and shredding all over the joint. I am loving this first spin... and I'm only 3 tracks in!!!

Oh gosh... track 4 just hit the chorus. This is heaven. This will rate very high this year.

I can't play any soundclips at work - who do they sound like mate?

They sound like the sound of essential, mate.

I take it from that comment you don't have the debut? Do yourself a favour and collect both albums. You will not be disappointed. They sound a little like the whole nu-metal movement BUT these guys actually write good songs with variety in pace and tempo. But that's the debut.

To be honest, this new CD sounds like a hard rock CD with a few modern rhythm guitars. I think every single track had a great solo and a strong chorus. I think there were maybe one or two nu-metal type songs at that was it. Trust me mate, you will like this album. Might even love it.

There is an acoustic version of one of the "hits" off the debut, 'Take me as I am'. Even this is just beautiful. Every track was officially very strong.

Looks like the label, Wind-Up helped f*ck up the career of two of the finest bands the modern rock world saw, as both Cauterize and Seven Wiser were dropped by them after zero promotion on two of the best debut albums I own. What I think of Cauterize is well documented, but I always thought Seven Wiser were as good as the whole nu-metal scene (and they're not, but it's all I can use to describe their debut) ever got, by far. As I said, though, this is a hard rock album for 2008... solos and all. :)

What's that? Over here it's a womans perfume, which has no discernable sound (apart from the gentle slapping noise as I splash it across my naked body while my girlfriends out for the evening).

Yeah mentioning 'nu-metal' aint good, but this sounds pretty interesting - will check it out...

I like the debut, and still own it, but it didn't have much staying power for me, and by that I mean I rarely find myself reaching for it. Matter of fact, I think I listened to it 2-3 times when it first came out, then slotted it into my collection and haven't spun it since. Might have to rectify that in the near future...

Anyway, judging from the new songs I heard, this is superior to the debut, going straight for that modern hard rock sound while eschewing (most of) the trappings of the nu-metal movement. Good guitars, good power, solid hooks, solid choruses...ahhhhh, sweet aural pleasure to these ears. :wub:

Now I just need to find out if this is getting an actual physical release...

What's that? Over here it's a womans perfume, which has no discernable sound (apart from the gentle slapping noise as I splash it across my naked body while my girlfriends out for the evening).

Yeah mentioning 'nu-metal' aint good, but this sounds pretty interesting - will check it out...

Yeah, usually mentioning the words "nu-metal" is like a sexual advance from a fellow male, but as I said, and Mark notes, these guys sort of defy that label. It's much more just straight up modern hard rock. Another comparison I thought off over the weekend was Ra. The new album reminds me a tiny bit of 'Duality' in places.

After several spins, I'm really digging 'Stronger'. Overall, I do believe it is a better album than the debut.

These soundclips sounds great. I have been on the lookout for the first release and now I'm sure this is gonna be on my "gettinglist". Great modern rock indeed. :D Actually they remind me of someone else, can't really figure out who... :unsure:

• 1 year later...

DO NOT despair!

Still trying to find out exact song details, but Seven Wiser, following the digital only release of 'Stronger' then split up as a band. UNTIL, I now understand the same band (I think it's all the same members) have reformed as FALLZONE. And as far as I can tell, there is a planned CD release of a slightly different looking version of 'Stronger' due to be released on 25th of March this year.

Here's the myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/fallzonemusic

Now, let's see. This is the track list to Seven Wiser's 'Stronger':

1.Arms of another man

2.Beautiful day

3.Cold

4.Empty

5.Goodbye

6.Live another life

7.Sober

8.Stronger

9.This time

10.Walk alone

11.Take me as I am (Acoustic)

And here's the track list for 'Stronger' by Fallzone:

1. Cold

2. Beautiful Day

3. Goodbye

4. Empty

5. Never Gonna Be Alone

6. Sober

7. Stronger

8. Live Another Life

9. Walk Alone

10. Arms Of Another Man

Only difference I can see is 'This time' has been dropped and a new song called 'Never Gonna Be Alone' appears. Not sure where 'Dance with me' comes into it. A new single obviously... but does this mean another new album is due soon?

Only difference I can see is 'This time' has been dropped and a new song called 'Never Gonna Be Alone' appears. Not sure where 'Dance with me' comes into it. A new single obviously... but does this mean another new album is due soon?

Well, for the record these two songs are exellent! Very melodic, great choruses. If this is where they're headed the next album should be brilliant. On another note, 'Empty' is a just stunning.