The Donnas

Fat Freddy

As some of you know, I recently discovered The Donnas. I've been playing their SPEND THE NIGHT album non-stop for about two weeks now. They're cute as hell and they ROCK!

Some video evidence...

"Take It Off"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iiXhSWig_x0

"Too Bad About Your Girl" (those with sharp eyes may recognize P.J. Soles in a quick cameo as her character "Riff Randell" from "Rock N Roll High School" in this one)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v21f3huLIzM

"Strutter" (from the "Detroit Rock City" soundtrack)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CWIG0oNWbt4

shame i dont know what they sound like...

Recipe for The Donnas:

1 Part AC/DC

1 Part '70s KISS

1 Part Ramones

1 pinch Hair Metal

Lots of cheap beer.

Place into blender and mix well.

i don't think their sound is the focal point for most Males...

Well, yea, it certainly doesn't hurt that they're cute. :lol:

The drummer's a hottie and the singer kinda has this Christina Ricci thing goin' on... but truthfully even if I didn't know what they looked like I'd still dig'em cuz they whomp some booty... :beerbang:

The drummer's a hottie and the singer kinda has this Christina Ricci thing goin' on... but truthfully even if I didn't know what they looked like I'd still dig'em cuz they whomp some booty... :beerbang:

There was sound in that video? :blink:

I wonder none mentioned Allison yet, she's my favourite! :bowdown: Makes me think: I want a goddamn backstage-pass at their show. It's much easier for ladys being groupies than for us - where's the gender equality?

Oh yeah music...I LIKE it! Their new one is hair-metal par excellence, one of my faves from 2007! Spend the Night is great as well!

I think The Guitar Player is a Hottie...and a fine player too... :beerbang:

Here's the Donnas' newest vid for the tune "Don't Wait Up For Me" from their new album "BITCHIN"... sounds like they're leaving the 70s hard rock sound behind a little bit on this one in favor of some 80s Joan Jett vibe (with a pinch of hair metal for good measure)... good stuff, either way. I think I will be picking this CD up soon! :metal:

Here's the Donnas' newest vid for the tune "Don't Wait Up For Me" from their new album "BITCHIN"... sounds like they're leaving the 70s hard rock sound behind a little bit on this one in favor of some 80s Joan Jett vibe (with a pinch of hair metal for good measure)... good stuff, either way. I think I will be picking this CD up soon! :metal:

Sounds pretty cool. They're hot as hell but something about their music I never really dug. :anon:

• 1 year later...

been watching some vids on youtube lately (and looking through LOTS of photos)

i gotta say that Take It Off actually isnt too bad! i learnt to play it today cause i had 5 mins to spare and figured playing along to the video on youtube would give me a reason to look at Brett :wub:

I'm practically in love with her and her suggestive lyrics :P

Sounds pretty good to Me!! And yea can TOTALLY hear the Joan Jett vibe going on.. Which is not a bad thing.... :headbanger:

Sounds pretty good to Me!! And yea can TOTALLY hear the Joan Jett vibe going on.. Which is not a bad thing.... :headbanger:

I posted this over a year ago. Where you been? :blink: