Domain

Geoff

Is anyone here still a fan of this once-great band? Their first few releases were great, especially the third, 'Crack in the wall'... but the last ones have just been terrible, for a long time. Thoughts? ''One million light years from home' was excellent too.

I own 4 releases by these guys......

One Million.......don't care for it

Artifact.............Love it

Sixth Dimension.....Love it

Last days of Utopia....okay but not as good as previous 2....

I plan to pick up their latest 'Stardawn' one of these days......hope it is better than the last one...

I plan to pick up their latest 'Stardawn' one of these days......hope it is better than the last one...

This band went from being a band where each release was essential to my collection... and now I have not even heard 'Last Days of Utopia' and 'Stardawn' because they have left me so cold with 'Artifact' and 'Sixth Dimension'.

This band went from being a band where each release was essential to my collection... and now I have not even heard 'Last Days of Utopia' and 'Stardawn' because they have left me so cold with 'Artifact' and 'Sixth Dimension'.

If their first cds aren't any better than 'One Million' I'll have to pass on buying them but I really liked 'Artifact' and 'Sixth Dimension'...of course the first release I picked up was 'Artifact' so maybe I'm a bit biased as I think 'One Million' sounds a lot different from anything they released later....

You'd love their 'Crack in the wall' album, mate. Easily their best, imo. Very much in the style of Victory.

'Before the storm' might be a little "thin" sounding but I actually really like the CD. Definitely worth picking up. And the debut, 'Our Kingdom' really is a good solid slab of AOR/melodic hard rock. Very consistent and good disc.

We may be different, mate, but if you ask me those 4 albums absolutely destroy their last 4 (and I haven't even heard 2 of them lol - but the sad thing is I can predict exactly what they sound like). I think 'One million...' is a great album. :) Well, in parts anyway.

You'd love their 'Crack in the wall' album, mate. Easily their best, imo. Very much in the style of Victory.

'Before the storm' might be a little "thin" sounding but I actually really like the CD. Definitely worth picking up. And the debut, 'Our Kingdom' really is a good solid slab of AOR/melodic hard rock. Very consistent and good disc.

We may be different, mate, but if you ask me those 4 albums absolutely destroy their last 4 (and I haven't even heard 2 of them lol - but the sad thing is I can predict exactly what they sound like). I think 'One million...' is a great album. :) Well, in parts anyway.

Well maybe I will give 'Crack in the Wall' a chance since I like Victory....if I can find it :unsure:

Pretty much in agreement with everyone else.......I loved this band immensely in the early days. Although I have all of their CDs in my collection, it seems they have reached the pinnacle of their song writing a couple of CDs ago and are no longer creative. I don't seem to get as excited with their newer releases.

• 3 years later...

I have the first 3 Domain cds but I'm not sure if they are boots or legit. Can anyone post the cd matrix #'s for:

Crack in the Wall

Our Kingdom

Before the Storm

Any help is very much appreciated.

On topic, I like all 3 of these cds but never even checked out anything past that. From the sound of the above post there is no reason to.