THE IDOLS .... new sleaze metal from Australia

glam_junkie

I first saw these guys about a year ago and they seemed to be more of an emo punk band. I saw them again on the weekend and what a change.. a few line-up changes, the shirts and ties replaced with motly shirts, and focused more on a sleaze metal sound.

Aggressive vocals and big guitars.They belted out a great set of sleaze metal that would be appreciated by fans of Crystal Pistol, Crank County Daredevils, Vains of Jenna, Starrats.

http://www.myspace.com/theidolsparty

219vvxv.jpg

I picked up their ep at the time and it impressed me no end. Definitely worth checking out if you liek the bands above.... especially Starrats and Crank County. A few track on their myspace.

Another band that knew EMO is dying, jump on the sleaze/glam bandwagon. Just like Lee Harding, ex Australian Idol, gonna from a punk wanna be to glam/sleaze superstar.

Another band that knew EMO is dying, jump on the sleaze/glam bandwagon. Just like Lee Harding, ex Australian Idol, gonna from a punk wanna be to glam/sleaze superstar.

I see what you mean, but these guys actually deliver. And I think the line-up changes may have had something to do with the change in direction.

Afterall, emo punk is probably bigger in this town than sleaze metal. There are only 2 bands I can think of in Adelaide playing sleaze metal, and I can probably point out 20 emo punk bands. If they all convert and could be this good, I'll be a happy man.

I haven't been able to get thier EP out of my cd player for the last 3-4 days. Of the 5 tracks, 4 are killer... and the 5th is quite good aswell.

What the f*ck is up with the 2 guys on the right hand of that picture???!!!

Either way, I'd love to check this out if I can find it. :)

go easy on the blonde guy... he just needs a hug, ... and some sleep, and to stop getting bashed by the bruiser on the right..

I was speaking to the fella on the extreme left after the show and told him that they could improve their image if the bassist lost the tie and the baseball cap.

go easy on the blonde guy... he just needs a hug, ... and some sleep, and to stop getting bashed by the bruiser on the right..

I was speaking to the fella on the extreme left after the show and told him that they could improve their image if the bassist lost the tie and the baseball cap.

lol, hope he take on your advice. :beerbang:

the lee harding album is surprisingly good :popcorn:

Geoff u heard lee's newy?

Oh, wow. I went out on a limb to listen to Dean Geyer's album (which is great) but Lee Harding... I HATE that guy. Not sure I can do it to myself.

Oh, wow. I went out on a limb to listen to Dean Geyer's album (which is great) but Lee Harding... I HATE that guy. Not sure I can do it to myself.

you hate lee?

you hate lee?

Yeah... how could you not? He gave the term "poser" a whole new definition with his Idol journey, then he releases a Wiggles-esque pop punk album with the gayest singles I've heard from an Idol yet. :P What's not to hate about him? :lol:

• 5 months later...
these guys are playing tonight so I thought I might go see them if I'm feelin up to it.

What did you think of their ep geoff? It was in that pile of Aussie cdrs that I sent ya about 6 months back.

I had it on yesterday and it still rocks.

Yeah, I definitely liked this one, mate. It got swamped in a million other CDs I've got recently, but I definitely liked it. I have to revisit soon.

The two on the left look like they might rock but the two on the right appear to be on their way to a Fall Out Boy show.

They've changed their image a bit since this shot was taken.

2 off them look 100% rock/metal, 1 of them looks 50% rock and 50% punk, and one looks total punk.

I guess that describes their sounds also, part rock/metal, part punk and part modern hard rock.

He looks like a Travis Barker wanna be.

• 10 months later...