Jaded Reign

yeah...I got that cd, pretty good 80's type hard rock/hair metal....I wouldn't say it is worth their asking price though....I had 2 copies a couple of years ago, sold one for pretty good cash...kept one for my collection...

Anyone ever heard of them? They're obviously fetching a chunk-o-Cash

Jaded Reign Auction

e8_1_b.JPG

Had to get my cd out because I could not remember what year it came out...1995, sounds like it was made in 1990-1991, good late 80's, early 90's type hard rock....

What year is this release? From the computer artwork I'd assume it is mid 90es or even more recent.

The seller is CDWOLVES and they have a shitload of other rarities for sale as well. I think they've been brought up before here somewhere

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcdwolves

Guest CDWOLVES CDS

CD was indeed released in 1995; the band members subsequently broke up and several members eventually went on to become KILLING SEASON, a Death Metal band. The band has tried to distance itself from their initial eighties metal hair band roots. CD is signed by all of the band members.

I snagged up the Bewarp cd from this seller as well :banger:

CD was indeed released in 1995; the band members subsequently broke up and several members eventually went on to become KILLING SEASON, a Death Metal band. The band has tried to distance itself from their initial eighties metal hair band roots. CD is signed by all of the band members.

You mean KILLING SEASON from Long Island, NY? If yes, I've heard their CD and they aint Death, but some sort of melodic modern metal with drum machine - not awfully bad, but definitely not my cup of tea.

Just a short note to let everyone know I just heard back from Peter C. formerly from Jaded Reign. Here's what he had to say:

"Hi,

Thanks for checking in with us! We recently lost our friend and bass player from Jaded Reign in a tragic car accident. The remaining four members agreed to release ALL of the Jaded Reign catelog as a tribute to Brian later this summer. Please keep watching out for it, we appreciate your support.

Thanks so much,

Peter C."

I was saddened to hear abotu Brian, but the news of the pending re-releases warmed my heart a little.

Thanks for the news. From the description of the band/music, I'm thinking this is something I'd like to hear. :banger:

I OWN THIS CD ILL SAY THE MUSIC IS GOOD AVERAGE PRODUCTION FOR AN INDIE BUT ITS DEFINITE STAY IN MY COLLECTION BUT I DON'T THINK ITS WORTH ANYWHERES NEAR THE ASKING PRICE MAYBE HALF BECAUSE OF ITS RARITY THATS MY OPINION

These guys aren't bad--there are FAR worse indies floating around out there collecting mad cash they don't deserve--but I think the production hurts them a little. Still, they serve up some solid late 80s/early 90s-style melodic hard rock/hair-metal. To my ears, they always sounded a little like a cross between early Jaded Heart and Britny Fox, with only the aforementioned so-so production holding them back from being something special.

However, unless this CD's value has shot up significantly in the last year or so, it's not worth the asking price. I've had 2 copies in the past 2 years...one sold for $185, the other sold for $150. So yeah, it's good but not THAT good, and yeah, it's pricey but not THAT pricey. <_<

As always, just my two cents' worth.

Keep the faith.

Mark

• 1 year later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I saw on the main site that the Jaded Reign doesn't have a photo (sorry, I couldn't find one to post), and after do some searchin' I found that the folks at Metal Mayhem have one (for reference purposes):

http://www.metalmayhem.com/collect/col_j.htm

or, there is a profile for both Jaded Reign/Killing Season on myspace, with a Youtuber vid, too:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=179357582

also, the Killing Season project is available on CDBaby:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/killingseason

with more samples to listen to here:

http://www.groupietunes.com/artists/killingseason

enjoy...... :beerbang: