The Used ... is anyone here into them?

Geoff

This, however, is preventing me from being too excited:

"Bert McCracken stated "In the past, we've always kind of brought pop sensibility into heavy rock, but this is going to be all that much more tantalizing and brutal. Our songs are 10 times messier and noisier than they've ever been."

Cool. :lol:

Seriously? I don't mind the 'tantalizing and brutal' part but the 'messier' part tells me there will be f*cked up arrangements ala emo and the 'noisier' part (along with the news they are no longer with the awesome producer from the last disc) tells me it'll be raw, unpolished and scrappy. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've spun 'Artwork' twice now and call me impressed! It's none of what is quoted above. If anything, it's the most commercial disc from The Used so far. Definitely not as heavy as the debut, but there are some really good songs on this. I still need more spins, but I think it'll rate quite well come year end. Nice disc.

Well I've spun 'Artwork' twice now and call me impressed! It's none of what is quoted above. If anything, it's the most commercial disc from The Used so far. Definitely not as heavy as the debut, but there are some really good songs on this. I still need more spins, but I think it'll rate quite well come year end. Nice disc.

Definitely like the "Blood On My Hands" single - catchy stuff.

Btw - heard 3 songs from the new Paramore disc, might wanna try before you buy. Is a bit darker and not very special...

Okay, I have to say I am really digging 'Artwork'. In a year full of albums that have not quite lived up to my expectations, it's nice to see a disc I was not expecting much from easily exceed expectations. One thing I only just noticed is that the screams are all completely gone. All the vocals are clean and they've really gone for a catchy chorus every time on this one. Excellent lyrics too.

The last song is a little average, but the other 10 are great. It is possibly missing the one or two outright stunners, but as it is this is one hell of a solid disc from start to end. Very impressive, and these guys actually have a great 4 strong (5 if you include the B-side album on I-Tunes) discography going on. Great stuff.

• 1 month later...
Okay, I have to say I am really digging 'Artwork'. In a year full of albums that have not quite lived up to my expectations, it's nice to see a disc I was not expecting much from easily exceed expectations. One thing I only just noticed is that the screams are all completely gone. All the vocals are clean and they've really gone for a catchy chorus every time on this one. Excellent lyrics too.

The last song is a little average, but the other 10 are great. It is possibly missing the one or two outright stunners, but as it is this is one hell of a solid disc from start to end. Very impressive, and these guys actually have a great 4 strong (5 if you include the B-side album on I-Tunes) discography going on. Great stuff.

Backed. Just got the full album and am loving it. Is a bit more raw and aggressive than previous, but with a killer production. Great stuff, and the album's best songs are nearer the end (apart from the slightly average closer).