Greenhouze - Self Titled.

Dave

From: Wotty Date: January 29, 2005 at 14:48 Translate: to Spanish | to English

A superb slab of moody,atmospheric A.O.R.Built around lush keyboards that don't smother the songs and some dynamic rhythm guitar.A very satisfying album that demands to be heard.

From: AOR freaky Date: January 30, 2005 at 3:53 Translate: to Spanish | to English

Not exactly superb, as Wotty suggests. Good, decent, but it's all done before and often much better. But . . ., you can do worse than listen to this one !

From: Jez Date: January 30, 2005 at 12:30 Translate: to Spanish | to English

Very good start to the year with this one. As Wotty mentions, moody & atmospheric - reminds me quite alot of Dare in places, along with Mike & The Mechanics. Guitar work from Lars Levin is subtle and melodic throughout and Solli sounds in good form on vocals. Special note for the excellent production on this aswell. All in all a very good liter AOR release and one that will get plenty of spins in the future.

From: Swriter Date: February 5, 2005 at 22:07 Translate: to Spanish | to English

agreed Jez, I felt the Mike and the Mechains influence right away. Not killer, but very solid atmospheric sounds and great songs. A good but not essential release. It does grow on you though!!!

From: Ton Date: February 6, 2005 at 13:56 Translate: to Spanish | to English

It should be Dare at places, but it isn't. It isn't necessary cause Dare has a unique sound and for my taste Greenhouze made a nice album. I bought it immediatly and I enjoy it. I love atmospheric rock.Greenhouze is a nice surprise! The new Dare-album Power of nature-live)is in april and not yet in january.

From: Kristian Date: February 15, 2005 at 12:16 Translate: to Spanish | to English

Excellent album. Nice modern AOR. Solli sounds better than ever if you ask me.

From: TIM (2) Date: March 29, 2005 at 1:08 Translate: to Spanish | to English

This one is extremely laid-back with touches of piano and almost a west-coast feel at times. A solid production and a good guitar sound, although song-wise they only completely nail it on 2 occasions (the first 2 tracks). A little like the Mysterell album, this sounds great and has all the lush melodies you would want but just needs more song-writing consistency and a better flow to the album. And ditch those instrumentals! Just minor points, on what is otherwise a recommended CD. 7.5/10.

From: Rycheage Date: March 30, 2005 at 21:09 Translate: to Spanish | to English

Fantastic atmospheric AOR. Nice touch with the piano interspersed int he songs. Gives it a definite West-Coast feel. I do hear Mike & The Mechanics in the songs and it works quite well. I highly recommend this.

From: surrf Date: March 31, 2005 at 3:47 Translate: to Spanish | to English

One of the finest AOR albums of the year. This band's music sounds more like STAGE DOLLS than anything else. Solli was in SONS OF ANGELS and some bits of that can be heard here. Get this CD at all costs!

From: Date: April 29, 2005 at 8:49 Translate: to Spanish | to English

One of my personal favorites.One of the best AOR disc ever.

From: Wotty Date: August 27, 2005 at 14:53 Translate: to Spanish | to English

Just gave this a spin earlier on higher volume and I echo my previous comments.An enjoyable cd that yearns to played loudly !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picked up this album and after the first listen i thought "Good but not great" and thought Tim had hit the nail on the head with his comments about a slight West Coast feel to it and his score of 7.5/10 was pretty much spot on even though i did like the instrumental , "Snow On The Roof".

It is not a 21GUNS or SONS OF ANGELS cd but now having played it 3 times , this is really growing on me and is now up to an 8/10 .

If you like your music slightly laid back with a slight West Coast feel to it , this is well worth a listen with Solli in fine form on the vocals but i would not recommend you to rush out and buy it, but try and get to listen to it first to see if it is to your taste.

Ian makes a very good point in his last post on the album that it has something about it that makes you want to play it again.My thoughts exactly :drink: .

Any updated thoughts in regards to this album?????????

Please ignore the comments from the AOR GOD , The Freaktard , i forgot to get rid of his irrelevant thoughts :loser:

Still play it a fair bit and still enjoy it. Some great tracks on board. I think it just lacks that one killer moment overall. One of the better AOR efforts this year for sure. I love Lars Levin's guitar on this, nice and subtle, and Sollie sounds good.

• 3 years later...

Hey Dave, sorry I'm a little late to the party. :) This actually came out when I was still buying new CDs but I did pass on it for some reason. I think it sounded okay, but not good enough to fork out the $$$. Well, fast forward a few years and this was one of the CDs I just picked up from MusicBuyMail for eu$2.72!!!

I have to say, I am impressed. The guitar is the most immediate thing for me - LOVE Levin's style. Nice, sharp rhythm guitar work... exactly what I like. And I have to agree with Kristian, too. I think this is Solli's best work so far. The fact that I'm liking it on first spin is also a plus, as all you guys say it gets even better with time. The 2nd song is my fave so far, even if I agree with a few other comments that it could have been a bit "bigger", for lack of a better work. This sounds like a good disc to me.

Yeah, I still class it as good but also a fair way off being great...

Nothing he has ever done IMO, comes close to his vocals on the Nothing's Real album in which many don't really like, but I absolutely love :tumbsup:

Nothing he has ever done IMO, comes close to his vocals on the Nothing's Real album in which many don't really like, but I absolutely love :tumbsup:

Really? I've finally delegated that CD to my trade list. To be honest, the bonus tracks on the end with the original singer were the only thing that kept it in my collection. I don't like the new stuff with Solli at all. :(

Really? I've finally delegated that CD to my trade list. To be honest, the bonus tracks on the end with the original singer were the only thing that kept it in my collection. I don't like the new stuff with Solli at all. :(

Well we do have two very different likes & tastes in music ;):lol:

Well we do have two very different likes & tastes in music ;):lol:

Indeed. I should mention, I don't hate the disc, but compared to the 'Demolition' disc and 'Salute'... man, I just love La Verdi's (is that his name?) voice and imo the songs were better when he was part of the band. :)

• 7 years later...

I miss the MTM label. A favourite of mine. I have almost every release from the company.

51NeYPRD%2BzL.jpg

Tracks:

The Point
Waterline
Here In The Air
Remember
Train Song
Insanity
Tall Grasses
Clouds
Rain
Snow On The Roof