Galaxy Group on Ebay...again

I see rbcmp3.com has a brand new rare limited to 300 copies Galaxy Group cd up for auction for the third time in a month. The first went for $102.50 and the second for $66.21. I can't wait until the price drops down to an appropriate level for one of these {coughbootlegcough} "OUT OF PRINT LIMITED EDITION 300 COPIES".

I see rbcmp3.com has a brand new rare limited to 300 copies Galaxy Group cd up for auction for the third time in a month.  The first went for $102.50 and the second for $66.21.  I can't wait until the price drops down to an appropriate level for one of these {coughbootlegcough} "OUT OF PRINT LIMITED EDITION 300 COPIES".

I was told they are offcial old-stock - recent warehouse find. I somehow believe them as I surely know those werent pressed in 300 copies (this is a hype someone created along the way). But they could be bootlegs anyway, who knows.

In either case rbcmp3.com made it clear they will sell those on eGay until the market presaturates and the price drops down, and then will make them available at their site for direct purchase. Hopefully for $30 or even less

I feel a little better about the whole issue if there are actually more than what the popular belief seems to be. But, if they are boots or reissues I would hope the company selling them would be brave enough to call them reissues and not try to cash in on something that isn't an original.

I'm with you Stormspell in hoping the price drops down below the $30 mark.

Does anybody notice anything odd here? denis497 has bid on 3 Galaxy Group cd's in the last month. He lost the first auction to vegascds but won the second auction. Now on the current auction he has again bid the price up to $50. Something just doesn't seem right. <_<

• 1 month later...

:soapbox: Not to beat a dead horse (well maybe I am) but just how many Galaxy Group cd's does one guy need? denis497 has won 2 in the past month and is on the way to win his third on this auction. He pushed one up to $102.50, a second for $51 and now he has this one up to $81. And it seems rbcmp3.com is the only place he likes to buy from. I guess it ticks me off because I'm waiting for the price to come down to the mid $20's since rbcmp3.com seems to have plenty of copies available but their buddy keeps inflating the auction prices.

Keep in mind I could be wrong but I've never been wrong about anything in my life before so that just seems impossible ;):P .

More likely the guy is a "shill bidder" (I think that's what it's called) bumping the price up so the seller can offer the cd to the next highest bidder when the winning bidder "doesn't pay"...happens all the time.

Seems like a shill bidder to me. Report him to eBay and they should take care of him. Or just blackmail rbcmp3 to sell you a copy for cheap, or else you would report them for shill bidding :D

• 2 weeks later...