MIAMIAMIA-1999 AN OLD EBAY BUYER OF AOR

Does anyone else remember this ebayer who used to buy thousands of AOR and Hard Rock titles back in 1999 and 2000?? This guy was one of my best customers and would pay outrageous prices for cd's. You could put AOR on a Barry White cd and he would buy it!! He must have a HUGE collection because he was buying AND paying for tons and tons of cd's!!

So my question for everyone is -- do any of you remember him and whatever happened to this guy?? He could possibly have the largest CD collection in the world!!

Recordjnky

--ISA.38:20--

yes, I remember him, he used to out bid me all the time, lol, seems to me I did a search on him way back then, to see what he had won lately, (doesn't everyone do that?), and he had just changed his user id, but I don't remember what he changed it to. he very well could be bidding currently on the same stuff, but with a different name. if I remember what the user id was I will let ya know. you are right though, he was buying everything under the sun that had to do with AOR or melodic rock, I would love to have him bidding on my stuff now, lol.

Does anyone else remember this ebayer who used to buy thousands of AOR and Hard Rock titles back in 1999 and 2000?? This guy was one of my best customers and would pay outrageous prices for cd's. You could put AOR on a Barry White cd and he would buy it!! He must have a HUGE collection because he was buying AND paying for tons and tons of cd's!!

So my question for everyone is -- do any of you remember him and whatever happened to this guy?? He could possibly have the largest CD collection in the world!!

Recordjnky

--ISA.38:20--

yeah, he probably changed his ebay name because alot of people would bid up the cd's he was bidding on and make him pay alot for them. It would have been real easy to have someone do some shill bidding on him. He was paying some unreal prices for stuff , i was going thru some of my old auction submit records and alot my highest prices was for stuff he bid on [e.g. Danny Peck s/t for $43.50!!]. He always paid though. I remember his address was some kind of business address and i wondered if he owned that business which is where he got all the money to buy all these cd's from.

If we only had a few more Miamiamia's around......

Recordjnky

--ISAIAH 38:20--

Yes...know exactly who you are referring to. He is still involved in bidding and now selling on E Bay under his new E Bay ID. I won't reveal his current E bay ID because he is still a good customer and I do buy things from him now and then as well. I can tell you that he, like many other buyers on E Bay went "hog wild" back then and ran up his credit card to an unmanageable state and then realized he needed to step back from his wild spending ways and regroup. He dropped off E bay for a season and then changed his ID and started buying and selling with a new "perspective"!

I guess all of us that have been involved with E Bay and collecting in general for sometime have seen many jump in with both feet and try to amass a collection like the collectors who have been doing it for years....they soon discover that their "eyes are bigger than their wallets"!!!

If we thought about it....I bet there would be a number of those OLD E Bay ID's that would pop into mind......

• 2 weeks later...