Rio - Dangerzone (Sex Crimes with a new title)

From MelodicRock Classics:

MelodicRock Classics continues their partnership with acclaimed British melodic rock band RIO for the release of their second album – now presented with a new title and brand-new artwork – both driven by the band’s vision for what the second album should have looked like when originally released.

The band’s Steve Rodford sets the record straight: “We are finally be able to address the dreadful original album cover and name. Titled ’Sex Crimes’, this was our 2nd and last album for Music For Nations and the fact that Elektra Records in the States (who had licenced the first album from MFN) hadn’t taken up the option of a 2nd album, meant the budget for this album was nowhere near what we had for ’Borderland’. When it came to the cover art, the label had gone ahead and designed it without consulting us, and it was quite a shock to see they’d gone with a topless woman with angel wings and a whip! It all felt so seedy and we both hated it. Then they told us there was no budget left to re-design it! So it feels so good to be able to finally re-package the whole thing in a much cooler way, and also with a new name, both of us feeling that ’Dangerzone’ is a better and more representative lead track for the record. Finally, to have the whole thing re-mastered is a real joy, getting it in a better place sonically rounds things off perfectly.”

So with that said, RIO’Dangerzone’ will be released by MRC June 30, with new artwork from the band and remastered by JK Northrup.

Track Listing:
01. Pay For Love
02. Under Pressure
03. Atlantic Radio
04. Highschool Rock
05. Guilty
06. When The Walls Come Down
07. Danger Zone
08. Sex Crimes
09. Dirty Movies
10. Bad Blood

Bonus Tracks:
11. Atlantic Radio (Original Demo)
12. Guilty (Original Demo)
13. Pay For Love (Original Demo)

Vocals, Guitar & Backing Vocals – Jon Neil
Drums, Bass & Keyboards – Steve Rodford
Additional musicians: Backing Vocals – John Verity
All songs written and arranged by – Jon Neil, Steve Rodford
Producer and 1st Engineer – Steve Rodford
Remastered by JK Northrup
Additional tracks – Original demos produced and mixed by Steve Rodford.
Artwork design: Jon Neil Willoughy @StudioWibblee

Pre-orders for RIO are open now.
CD released June 30 on MelodicRock Classics

Edited by Stefan

• Stefan changed the title to Rio - Dangerzone (Sex Crimes with a new title)
  • My Little Pony

This is how most of your posts look to me, @Stefan. I don't know what you're doing, but I have to highlight the text in order to read it. 

Screenshot_20240528-081538.png

24 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

This is how most of your posts look to me, @Stefan. I don't know what you're doing, but I have to highlight the text in order to read it. 

Screenshot_20240528-081538.png

Works fine on my desktop and phone. What phone and browser are you using? Might be an issue with darkmode not working with this site

Edited by Captain Howdy

52 minutes ago, Stefan said:

From MelodicRock Classics:

MelodicRock Classics continues their partnership with acclaimed British melodic rock band RIO for the release of their second album – now presented with a new title and brand-new artwork – both driven by the band’s vision for what the second album should have looked like when originally released.

The band’s Steve Rodford sets the record straight: “We are finally be able to address the dreadful original album cover and name. Titled ’Sex Crimes’, this was our 2nd and last album for Music For Nations and the fact that Elektra Records in the States (who had licenced the first album from MFN) hadn’t taken up the option of a 2nd album, meant the budget for this album was nowhere near what we had for ’Borderland’. When it came to the cover art, the label had gone ahead and designed it without consulting us, and it was quite a shock to see they’d gone with a topless woman with angel wings and a whip! It all felt so seedy and we both hated it. Then they told us there was no budget left to re-design it! So it feels so good to be able to finally re-package the whole thing in a much cooler way, and also with a new name, both of us feeling that ’Dangerzone’ is a better and more representative lead track for the record. Finally, to have the whole thing re-mastered is a real joy, getting it in a better place sonically rounds things off perfectly.”

So with that said, RIO’Dangerzone’ will be released by MRC June 30, with new artwork from the band and remastered by JK Northrup.

Track Listing:
01. Pay For Love
02. Under Pressure
03. Atlantic Radio
04. Highschool Rock
05. Guilty
06. When The Walls Come Down
07. Danger Zone
08. Sex Crimes
09. Dirty Movies
10. Bad Blood

Bonus Tracks:
11. Atlantic Radio (Original Demo)
12. Guilty (Original Demo)
13. Pay For Love (Original Demo)

Vocals, Guitar & Backing Vocals – Jon Neil
Drums, Bass & Keyboards – Steve Rodford
Additional musicians: Backing Vocals – John Verity
All songs written and arranged by – Jon Neil, Steve Rodford
Producer and 1st Engineer – Steve Rodford
Remastered by JK Northrup
Additional tracks – Original demos produced and mixed by Steve Rodford.
Artwork design: Jon Neil Willoughy @StudioWibblee

Pre-orders for RIO are open now.
CD released June 30 on MelodicRock Classics

No surprise they changed the name. Who on Earth though Sex crimes was a good name for an album?

I can't imagine this was a good idea in any era, not just the modern political correct era.

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Works fine on my desktop and phone. What phone and browser are you using? Might be an issue with darkmode not working with this site

I think the issue is due to him Copy/Paste-ing, the text remains black instead of changing to white when viewed in the Dark themes. But I've been using this mode for so many years, it hurts the eyes to switch back. Also, I'm browsing on Chrome and Edge.

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

No surprise they changed the name. Who on Earth though Sex crimes was a good name for an album?

I can't imagine this was a good idea in any era, not just the modern political correct era.

What? "Sex Crimes" is a classic cringey 80's Metal album title. Classless, absolutely, as is the artwork, but still not surprising for the era. In my opinion, anyway.