The Strike - Heroes Of The Heart

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

Third single release from their new album. The whole album is going to be released as singles over the course of the year and the full album is set for an autumn release.

Solid. Not their best, but solid. 

I was randomly listening to an interview with Our Last Night the other day and they were saying how they would never release a full album again. I think they're exclusively a singles band now. Falling In Reverse too, if I understand correctly. But dude in Our Last Night was saying how most the singles are usually in the first half of an album and people generally switch off after that, and he didn't like the idea of having some of his favourite songs on the second half of an album, being skipped over by potential listeners. I don't know if that's how kids listen to album these days... seems a bit cynical, probably catering towards "fake" fans anyway. Any true fan of a band is going to be dead keen for a full album, always, I would suggest. 

Anyway, this is an interesting way to do things. I think Lift The Curse also do something similar to this - release a stack of singles and collate an album at the end of it all. It's certainly a different world of music these days... 

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Solid. Not their best, but solid. 

I was randomly listening to an interview with Our Last Night the other day and they were saying how they would never release a full album again. I think they're exclusively a singles band now. Falling In Reverse too, if I understand correctly. But dude in Our Last Night was saying how most the singles are usually in the first half of an album and people generally switch off after that, and he didn't like the idea of having some of his favourite songs on the second half of an album, being skipped over by potential listeners. I don't know if that's how kids listen to album these days... seems a bit cynical, probably catering towards "fake" fans anyway. Any true fan of a band is going to be dead keen for a full album, always, I would suggest. 

Anyway, this is an interesting way to do things. I think Lift The Curse also do something similar to this - release a stack of singles and collate an album at the end of it all. It's certainly a different world of music these days... 

Then don't fuckin' load the front of the album with all the singles. That sounds like the bands problem, not the listener's. 

I mean, when it comes to Our Last Night, I didn't make it to the second half of the album because their music is boring. 

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Then don't fuckin' load the front of the album with all the singles. That sounds like the bands problem, not the listener's. 

I mean, when it comes to Our Last Night, I didn't make it to the second half of the album because their music is boring. 

lol, I like Our Last Night. It defo doesn’t sound like a real problem, but that was their excuse. Anything to not release full albums anymore, I guess.