Mercenary - Soundtrack for the End Times

heavyharmonies

I remember when they first came out in the mid-nineties, they were a part of a wave of death metal bands coming out of the west part of Denmark, alongside bands like Illdisposed, Hatesphere, Sacrificial and Infernal Torment. They have been through a lot of line up changes since then.

I haven't paid much attention to them, although I knew they had incorporated some clean vocals into their sound at one point, but this above sounds really good.

• 5 weeks later...

They had an absolutely stellar run from 2004 to 2008 with 11 Dreams, The Hours That Remain, and Architect of Lies. I will NEVER get tired of listening to those melodic metal masterpieces. Incredible vocals and production.

They've fallen off a bit since then IMO (lead vocalist left the band) but this is still pretty good. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how much some of the riffs on the album sound like they could have been on Architect of Lies. Definitely better than their previous album.