Jim Peterik & World Stage - Roots and Shoots Vol. 1

EnJayKay

Jim Peterik & World Stage, rooted in the idea of musical and spiritual collaborations among artists and friends, has announced a new album, Roots & Shoots Vol.1, out January 12 via Frontiers Music Srl.

Jim about the album: “Roots & Shoots is my latest collection of new music by what I consider to be the most iconic artists from the classic rock of the 80’s (the Roots) paired with the most exciting new talents I’ve had the pleasure of discovering. I found the same timeless qualities in the Shoots represented on this album. They are all rising stars!”

The first single, "Dangerous Combination" is co-written Kevin Cronin and Peterik. The track, which features Cronin backed by REO Speedwagon, is accompanied by a new music video.

Kevin comments on the track: “Jim Peterik and I have been friends since I booked the original Ides of March to play my high school homecoming in 1968. Jimmie is the hardest working musician and songwriter ever, full of positive energy, and a songwriting machine. I dig how ‘Dangerous Combination’ came together and look forward to sharing it with the fans.”

Jim Peterik & World Stage has spawned a series of extremely well received albums beginning with their legendary self titled debut, featuring partnerships with rock luminaries such as Dennis DeYoung, Kevin Cronin, Johnny Van Zant, Don Barnes, Tom Keifer, and more.

In 2019, the concept reemerged on the Winds Of Change album, where Jim Peterik teamed up with legends such as Kevin Chalfant, Dennis DeYoung, Matthew and Gunnar Nelson, Kelly Keagy, Mike Reno, Jason Scheff, and others. Peterik subsequently dedicated an entire album female rockers, resulting in the remarkable Tigress - Women Who Rock the World. This album showcased collaborations with outstanding singers and musicians like Jennifer Batten, Chloe Lowery, Rosa Laricchiuta, Chez Kane, and others.

These albums underscore Jim Peterik's immense talents, complemented by a roster of renowned singers and musicians. With the new Roots and Shoots album concept, the Chicago-based artist presents two superb albums equally divided between Roots (classic rock stars) and Shoots (emerging rock stars).

In addition to Kevin Cronin and REO Speedwagon, Vol. 1's notable guests include: Kelly Keagy (Night Ranger), Don Barnes (.38 Special), Mark Farner (Grand Funk), alongside emerging talents like Colin Peterik (Jim's son), Ashton Brooke Gill, Paul Childers, Leslie Hunt, Mark Mackay, and a captivating duet between Dave Mikulskis and Lisa McClowry.

World Stage embodies Jim Peterik's outstanding musical legacy, a testament to his songwriting prowess as one of the true icons of melodic rock. 

Tracklisting:

"Dangerous Combination" (feat Kevin Cronin & REO Speedwagon)
"Before Anyone Knows We’re Gone" (feat Colin Peterik)
"Last Dream Home" (feat Don Barnes)
"Forever's The Last Place You Look" (feat Paul Childers)
"Mend Fences" (feat Kelly Keagy)
"As I Am" (feat Ashton Brooke Gill)
"Friends Forever" (feat Jim Peterik and Mark Farner)
"Suddenly" (feat Leslie Hunt)
"I Found Me" (feat Mark Mackay)
"Fire And Water" (feat Lisa McClowry and Mike Mikulskis)
"Fire And Water" (Acoustic Version) [Bonus Track Japan]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...