Devin Townsend - Lightwork

KarpetRydOFunk

• My Little Pony

I'm gonna throw this here, because, from what I can tell, this album is gonna be a bit more Proggy than usual. Maybe I'm wrong, but whatever. These three singles have me excited for the album releasing soon in November. I've never given him much attention, and I think that needs to change. Gotta rep the local talent. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Been listening to this a fair bit lately. I really like it. Quite diverse, especially if you have the deluxe version which includes "Nightwork." I'm sure everyone would find at least one song that appeals to them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Been listening to this a fair bit lately. I really like it. Quite diverse, especially if you have the deluxe version which includes "Nightwork." I'm sure everyone would find at least one song that appeals to them. 

Agree. It is probably his most accessible album in a long time. 

• My Little Pony
14 minutes ago, auslander said:

Agree. It is probably his most accessible album in a long time. 

Accessible is a good way to put it. 

6 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Accessible is a good way to put it. 

Yeah, I listen to it and it is still unmistakably Devin but it just sounds a lot more open with his wall of sound, while remaining, sounds not so overwhelming and dense.

Personally, I feel this album is better mixed and produced than previous outings. Is it a tilt for some mainstream acceptance? Probably not as it is still proggy. But, it may bring in more rock fans who are less metallic-inclined.

In saying that, don't get me wrong, there is plenty to love for a hard rocker in this double album. And at $20 for two full discs of music, it is a downright bargain.

Edited by auslander

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, auslander said:

Yeah, I listen to it and it is still unmistakably Devin but it just sounds a lot more open with his wall of sound, while remaining, sounds not so overwhelming and dense.

Personally, I feel this album is better mixed and produced than previous outings. Is it a tilt for some mainstream acceptance? Probably not as it is still proggy. But, it may bring in more rock fans who are less metallic-inclined.

In saying that, don't get me wrong, there is plenty to love for a hard rocker in this double album. And at $20 for two full discs of music, it is a downright bargain.

Holy fuck. You only paid $20? It's $60 on Amazon for me. I was gonna ask, where do people purchase CDs these days? 

Also, watch some of the "making of" videos on the YouTubes. He explains the process for this album. It def wasn't an attempt to draw new fans. 

14 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Holy fuck. You only paid $20? It's $60 on Amazon for me. I was gonna ask, where do people purchase CDs these days? 

Also, watch some of the "making of" videos on the YouTubes. He explains the process for this album. It def wasn't an attempt to draw new fans. 

This one I bought from JB Hifi which is the biggest music retailer in Australia. It is on sale for $17 at present and cheapest postage option locally is $2. Bargain!

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/cd-townsend-devin-lightwork-limited-edition-2cd

4 hours ago, auslander said:

This one I bought from JB Hifi which is the biggest music retailer in Australia. It is on sale for $17 at present and cheapest postage option locally is $2. Bargain!

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/cd-townsend-devin-lightwork-limited-edition-2cd

JB was Australia's music seller, now a more concerns about many tellys, phones or computers they sell for the week.

Most new J B that opens up have those are home makers, has none of CDs and DVDs'

Another thing they stock are dolls, which some managers hate.

The best finds your favorite one and stick to them and get a music knowledge staff member.

1 hour ago, Doggy said:

JB was Australia's music seller, now a more concerns about many tellys, phones or computers they sell for the week.

Most new J B that opens up have those are home makers, has none of CDs and DVDs'

Another thing they stock are dolls, which some managers hate.

The best finds your favorite one and stick to them and get a music knowledge staff member.

Or just shop online like me 😉

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, auslander said:

Damn. Why is it so bloody expensive for me? I mean, I might as well drive over to his house and buy a copy in person. Heh. 

• Haha 1

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, auslander said:

Only $8 to ship it to Canada. That's crazy. 

4 hours ago, auslander said:

Or just shop online like me 😉

Buying from their website is a joke, I order the new Kissin' Dynamite newie in February only got an email this morning to say they wouldn't ably fill my order due left to order it. If you can work that out.

3 hours ago, Doggy said:

Buying from their website is a joke, I order the new Kissin' Dynamite newie in February only got an email this morning to say they wouldn't ably fill my order due left to order it. If you can work that out.

I never had that issue. I also got Kissin Dynamite off them back then... I hope it wasn't my fault and that I bought their only copy!!!