Downset and Pissing Razors,

Leykis101

Probably the most criminally underrated band to come out of all that crossover Rap Metal garbage was Downset, a bunch of mexican crypts out of south central LA, who instead of gang banging started a band, and they are pretty fucking wicked, they basically came out and clowned and completely trashed Zach Delarocha and Rage Against, and just trashed pretty much every single rap metal band ever, except for Stuck Mojo of course, but they are a talented band, and play ultra heavy shredder riffs, they should have been bigger, and Pissing Razors probably one of the most brutal live bands I ever saw, completely over the top, I guess you gotta be when you get labeled a Pantera rip off band.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Dame Olivia Newton-John (73) passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends. We ask that everyone please respect the family’s privacy during this very difficult time. Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer.  Her healing inspiration and pioneering experience with plant medicine continues with the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, dedicated to researching plant medicine and cancer.  In lieu of flowers, the family asks that any donations be made in her memory to the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund (ONJFoundationFund.org). Olivia is survived by her husband John Easterling; daughter Chloe Lattanzi; sister Sarah Newton-John; brother Toby Newton-John; nieces and nephews Tottie, Fiona and Brett Goldsmith; Emerson, Charlie, Zac, Jeremy, Randall, and Pierz Newton-John; Jude Newton-Stock, Layla Lee; Kira and Tasha Edelstein; and Brin and Valerie Hall. - via John Easterling, husband, Olivia Newton-John
    • Good stuff....missed it first time around.....
    • The Jokers - Slapback from their upcoming release “Rock and Roll Bones” 
    • There are certainly some great songs on here. I've only done the first 2 discs so far though. 
    • Played as well today and it's ok and has a few good songs, but tbh, I'm starting to get a bit bored with them, as they don't offer up anything they haven't done before. Like the last album, everything on this album has been done to death previously and is as predictable as hell. Of all the new albums I have played recently (and there have been quite a few) this doesn't feature very highly unfortunately.
    • I think 'Smoking' is the weakest track by far on here and the only one I don't really rate that much. Of the others, 'Time to Let Go' is a cool rocker that hits the spot and the lead off single 'Why Are You Calling Me Now' is a great AOR track. Liking the rest is going to depend on whether you like the more New Country/Pop ballad style of song, as there are at least 4 or 5 like that,  with Jay DeMarcus's obvious influence on these ..'I Hope You Find It' 'Don't Go' 'Finally Got It Right' and 'Anything But Us' are spectacular ballads and amongst some of the best I have heard in recent times, whilst 'Angels' 'All Night To Get There', 'Lights Go Out In Paradise' and 'Waiting On Your Sunshine' are all top quality too. Definitely one of the best albums this year for me, but as I said, it won't all be for everyone's taste, especially the softer stuff on show.
    • At least they've reverted back to something similar to Tesla soundwise...its ok...not bad...but if I need Tesla I've always got Mechanical Resonance , TGRC or Psychotic Supper to get me through  
    • New single pretty blah to me.  It's ok I guess but no desire to add that to a playlist or re-listen. These guys feel like a band that's underachieved a bit to me with their new music in the past 20 years or so after starting off so well with their first 3-4 albums.  Yeah, there's been some good songs here and there but they just really haven't gotten near the quality of those early albums.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.