Swedish Funk Connection - Center Of My Universe

Stefan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2024 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2024.

11% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • My Japan copy showed up today. I was critical of the Part I album as that one just did very little for me.  Basically, I just didn't think the songs were all that catchy and/or memorable.  I played that album a handful of times trying to get into it and gave up rather quickly which was disappointing as I loved Wired.  Maybe I just had too high of expectations or something.  I know many liked that album but for me at least, that Megalomanium I album would be ranked toward the bottom of their discography. Well, after hearing this new one, I'm feeling the opposite....Here I feel like they nailed it and I'm digging this one after the first listen.  I basically couldn't wait to start it over and listen again. The first 5 songs just come out guns a blazing with catchy, hook filled songs.  Yeah, we've heard 4 of those songs as singles but I almost purposely haven't listened to those songs much so they'd still sound fresh when the album dropped.  Then the one song we hadn't heard, All I Want, is just another upbeat, catchy tune. The 2nd half though is where things probably get more interesting.  Songs like Dive Into You and To Say Goodbye are the kinds of varied balladish/mid-tempo type songs I've been wanting Eclipse to mix things up with and there's 2 of those songs here, both very well done IMO.  Then there's a couple heavier tunes like Divide & Conquer and One In A Million that sound like stuff that could've been on Bleed & Scream.  And then a couple other melodic rockers with Until the War is Over and Pieces. I also feel like this has some of the better lyrics that Eclipse has had in awhile.  I think a lot of their material recently has been just been sort of lighter subject matter, 3 minute "simplistic" romps.  I felt Part I had a lot of that which kind of contributed to it being less interesting.  Here though, it seems like some of these songs get a bit deeper and can feel more emotion in songs like Still My Hero, Dive Into You and To Say Goodbye for example.   Anyways, where Part I is among my least favorite Eclipse albums, I'd say my early impression of Part II is that it'll be among my favorite Eclipse albums. 
    • New song 'Unbreakable'.    
    • Solid hard rock album. Nothing really stood out to me, but it’s solid. 
    • New album 'Mysteria' out December 13th through Metalapolis Records. Tracks: Sex In Harmony Angelina (Talk To Me) Bad Dream That Night Only You Arms Around I Don’t Want To Fall In Love Mysteria Eighteen In Love If I Had You  
    • Yeah I get the same BS. So I just downloaded all 3 eps....
    • Just kidding by the way!!
    • Great riff and bridge. Hoping for some faster paced songs. 12 songs in total so think there will be good variety. 👍 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.