Arkado - Never Say Never

Stefan

2.jpg

From facebook:

The foundation of our band, started already in 1983. 30 years after band was dissolved, all the band members was re-united, due to an Inquiry of playing at a local arrangement. In August 2018, the band was re-formed, with some new additional members, and the songwriting process, started to proceed in a very good speed. New songs is produced oncontinuous basis, and only a single few old songs, was “allowed” to continue into our “new” band, which now is re-named to ARKADO Our joint and fundamental idea, which have been true all the years, is only to play and perform, our own written material and songs. We still live after this same milestone. Type of our music, is somewhere to be in AOR genre. Musicality with all out hooks & big backing vocals is a red line in our music. To express and generate specific feelings and mood. We do not represent the “roughest” part of AOR music,and would like to execute the right to try to keep some good width in our musically “bank”.

Arkado:

Philip Lindstrand (Find Me, Cruzh, Nitrate): vocals and solo guitar

Mikael Skafar: drums

Bernt Lundgren:  bass

Mikael Svensson: synth

Martin Kirschner: comp guitar

Mats Nilsson: lead guitar

Edited by Stefan

• 3 months later...

'Never Say Never' out March 27 on AOR Heaven.

83035438_2974489649268551_42146492858509

1. So Bad
2. To Leave it all Behind
3. Never say Never
4. Don’t rape the Nature
5. Walk your way
6. If We Are to Last
7. My Hometown
8. She’s So fine
9. Eagle
10. Carry my Heart
11. Never say Never Again

Edited by Stefan

Wow, when someone looks like this - Philip Lindstrand (Find Me, Cruzh, Nitrate): vocals and solo guitar - I guess one has to take notice. 

However!!! That is one of the most pathetic songs I've ever heard and so instantly divisive if you want to create a fanbase. I hope a "climate change" discussion doesn't erupt here, but for anyone who thinks it's all a gigantic toss and that the climate has been changing for the last 4.5 billion years, and will continue to change - regardless of human cretins or not - for the next 4.5 billion years, this song has instantly created a wedge between you and your desire to support this band.

Fucking moronic song. 

That said - fuck humans and the amount of us and what we do to the planet.  

Edited by Geoff

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty weak album, but I liked the opener, which is 'So bad.' Good song. Elsewhere I like 'Never say never' and 'My hometown' and there is potential with these guys. But overall, it leaves a lot to be desired.  

• 5 weeks later...